Quit with all of the BS Guest spots!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 21, 2002
www.dugoutrecords.com
Anyone else tired of all of these albums that are supposed to be SOLO albums, yet have the same 10 guest spots as everyone else. What happened to the days of solo albums actually showcasing your ability as a solo artist? Whatever happened to only getting artists to collaborate with because they compliment your style? *sighs*..just one of the many diseases that plague the Hiphop scene currently.

May 21, 2002
www.dugoutrecords.com
M-PHIVE said:
THE GAME IS TOO CLUTTERED PHOR A SOLO TO BE STRICTLY SOLO, YOU NEED SOMETHING TO GET PEOPLE TO COP YOUR SHIT, THEN IPH YOU SHINE ON IT, YOU CAN GO MORE AND MORE SOLO AS YOU DEVELOP A PHAN BASE...ABA

I think that's a cop out - If you're a dope Hiphop artist, word of mouth means a lot. When you have the same artists featured on your album as everyone else - there's no point in purchasing that album when you can go purchase others with he same music on it - which goes into the subject of originality - not much of it going on at all..and that's because artists refuse to let themselves grow.

May 8, 2002
www.myspace.com
Word of mouth is real BIGG

Season of the siccness is a perfect example. that shit was on word of mowf until they started shippin major units
Then the budgets came out.

This aint no fuccin game this is business. We will handle this shit like a sav

We got major promotion behind it (commercials, magazine ads, listening stations, radio, bus ads) i have an email list of 90k rap fans to mail to....Its all good im takin it bacc to the basix... im tryin to make sum noise. you'll see soon enuff

Down

May 21, 2002
www.dugoutrecords.com
INSANE1 said:
Word of mouth is real BIGG

Season of the siccness is a perfect example. that shit was on word of mowf until they started shippin major units
Then the budgets came out.

This aint no fuccin game this is business. We will handle this shit like a sav

We got major promotion behind it (commercials, magazine ads, listening stations, radio, bus ads) i have an email list of 90k rap fans to mail to....Its all good im takin it bacc to the basix... im tryin to make sum noise. you'll see soon enuff

Down
I'd definately like to check out your music - throw up some links and I'll listen to them.

C

CRIP

@INSANE

OH SHIT! THAT SHIT WAS SLAPPIN

I"D PICC THAT UP ON THE STRENGTH OF THAT SINGLE

THAT NATE DAWG SHIT IS SICC

:devious:

M-PHIVE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.silasakasmiggdirtee.2ya.com
GameRecGame said:

I think that's a cop out - If you're a dope Hiphop artist, word of mouth means a lot. When you have the same artists featured on your album as everyone else - there's no point in purchasing that album when you can go purchase others with he same music on it - which goes into the subject of originality - not much of it going on at all..and that's because artists refuse to let themselves grow.
I DONT THINK ITS A COP OUT, CUZ WORD OPH MOUTH DOES PLAY A BIG PART, BUT PUTTIN OUT AN ALBUM COSTS ALOT OPH MONEY AND YOU CANT RISK PUTTIN OUT SOME SHIT THAT DOESNT SELL. YOUR VERY PHIRST ALBUM IS WHAT WILL MAKE OR BREAK YOU, AND IPH PEOPLE HAVENT HEARD OPH YOU, THEY STILL MIGHT BUY IT CUZ OPH OTHER ARTISTS ON IT. IM SAYIN I UNDERSTAND A PHEW PHEATURES ON YOUR PHIRST ALBUM, BUT YOU SHOULD CUT BACC AS YOU GO, UNTIL YOU CAN PUT SOMETHIN TOGETHER YOURSELF...ALL THIS BECAUSE OPH THE AMOUNT OPH CATS IN THE GAME, YOU NEED SOME TYPE OPH STRATEGY TO GET AHEAD NOWADAYS...ABA

M-PHIVE

On the Rise
Apr 25, 2002
www.silasakasmiggdirtee.2ya.com
SO IS IT STUPID TO NETWORK PHOR THE SAKE OPH MAKIN SOME GOOD MUZIK?...AND, THE MONEY BEING USED TO CREATE MY ALBUM COMES OUT OPH MY POCCET, NOT MY LABELS. I CANT APPHORD TO WAIT PHOR WORD OPH MOUTH TO KICC IN, I GOTTA PUT PHOOD ON THE TABLE, BY THE TIME MY SECOND ALBUM DROPS, MY LABEL WILL HAVE BUILT A NAME AND A BANK, SO THEN THE SITUATION WILL BE DIPPHERENT, BUT THATS WHY I GOT WHO I GOT ON MY SHIT..ABA

T

thug_proppa

ohhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh shittttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttttt

god dammm thats tight ass hell.

i'd cop that shit with a quickness. cant wait till you get that shit mixed.

when you finna have it finsihed???? peep these links let me know what cha think????? you gotta drag them on to your desk top and then double click um

www.angelfire.com/mac/komain/hustle.ram

www.angelfire.com/mac/komain/savages.ram

www.angelfire.com/mac/komain/die.ram

www.angelfire.com/mac/komain/Komain_Shine.ram

let me know what cha think and god dammmm get some more hear up on hear for us to listin to!!!!!!!!!!!!

Apr 25, 2002
M-PHIVE said:
THE GAME IS TOO CLUTTERED PHOR A SOLO TO BE STRICTLY SOLO, YOU NEED SOMETHING TO GET PEOPLE TO COP YOUR SHIT, THEN IPH YOU SHINE ON IT, YOU CAN GO MORE AND MORE SOLO AS YOU DEVELOP A PHAN BASE...ABA
The game is too cluttered by people who think like that. Nobody is going to buy your shit because you have 50 million guest appearances. You will never get a gold or platinum plaque that way. People who think otherwise played that shit the fuck out a while ago. Nobody has and nobody will sell respectable numbers because their album is cluttered with guest appearances. I will NEVER buy an album because of a name(s) in the tracklisting. And of the people who are stupid enough to do that, they are getting wise to it.

Until people start respecting the game and quit treating it like its no different than selling little $20 sacks of dirt weed to suckas, the majority of people trying to make this their bread & butter will remain little fish making little money. If they are that lucky.

Too many suckas always ruin a good thing.

Apr 25, 2002
i used to think like this till i heard The Jacka's album, then i realized it makes no difference if the guests are tight and fit well into the album as a whole

Apr 25, 2002
ALBUMS I MIGHT NOT HAVE BOUGHT IF NOT FOR FEATURES....

BUKSHOT
LIL CS

AND A LOT OF LOCAL STUFF...

THE THING IS,WHEN YOU DON'T HAVE YOUR NAME OUT THERE,YOU HAVE FEATURES ON IT....THAT WAY IF PEOPLE SEE AN ALBUM WITH THEIR FAVORITE ARTISTS ON THERE,THEY MIGHT GIVE IT A CHANCE..THEN YOU TAKE THEIR FANBASE AND MIGHT MAKE THEM YOURS....