QUINCY LEAVING COWBOYS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 9, 2004
Carter goes AWOL ... possibly for good
/ FOXSports.com
Posted: 12 minutes ago

KTCK 1310 "The Ticket" in Dallas is reporting that Quincy Carter has gone AWOL from Cowboys camp in Oxnard, Calif.

According to the report, this absence is not injury related and the Cowboys will be making an "official" statement regarding Carter after the conclusion of practice. But other broadcast reports have intimated that the Cowboys quarterback will be released, leaving Vinny Testaverde and Drew Henson to battle for the starting position.
Micky Spagnola, the station's Cowboys beat reporter, compared the situation to that of Tony Banks three years ago where Banks was absent from practice and it was announced after practice that he had been cut.

This move comes on the heels of unanimous opinions that Henson has been the best quarterback in camp thus far, which had to be at least mildly upseting to Carter, who started all 16 games for the Cowboys in 2003, leading them to a 10-6 record.

In his first season as the full-time starter - after splitting time the first two seasons - Carter threw for 3,302 yards, but had 21 interceptions and 17 touchdowns. He was intercepted at least twice in six games.

The Associated Press contributed to this report.

K

KAH

tone dog ur a stupid mutherfucker testaverdi will do better then any other niner QB cause they suck. He will take them 2 tha cowboys 2 playoffs & where were tha niners last year while quincy was in tha playoffs. Good luck 2 quincy where ever he goes

May 4, 2002
It's always like the Cowpokes fans to stray away from the topic and talk about the Niners, when they should be concerned about trying to win some games against their own division, much less the rest of the NFL. By the way, where's the "Czar" to comment on this shit? I thought Quincy was his boy. lmao :dead:

K

KAH

^^^^what do u mean i was on topic until tha whiner fan came & started talkin shit

Jun 24, 2004
smitdaddy said:
It's always like the Cowpokes fans to stray away from the topic and talk about the Niners, when they should be concerned about trying to win some games against their own division, much less the rest of the NFL. By the way, where's the "Czar" to comment on this shit? I thought Quincy was his boy. lmao :dead:

look at my sig ass, ive been in this topic