Question of the day / Alcoholism just read.........

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
Latley I've been thinking about this alot for a number or reason's.

(1) I noticed that I dont drink as offten any more, only on the weekends with an occassional weekday mixed in. But I noticed when I do drink that I DRINK ALOT.

(2) Today I bought my oldest brother a 12 back of beer. No big deal??????? Yeah it is, this is the 1st time I've seen him drink in 6 years. alcohol almost took my brothers life.

(3) I'm half Irish and go threw drinking phase's from time to time and in 2001 I was a full blown alcoholic, but was luckey enough to see where I was headed and decided to make a change. alcoholism skiped my moms generation ( my mom and aunts and uncles dont drink, my grandpa was a flat drunk when he was younger ) but it got me and my brothers.

(4) My mom ran into my X-stepdad and told me about it. He was the worst alcoholic I have ever seen. I watched him piss his life away, it truely was a sad thing, but i dont feel sorry for him for the fact when he was drunk I got beat down on a regular basis.

(5) Latley I've been going threw a depression state and some of close folkz have been going threw thru similar times. and all of us have the same thing in common, we all drink alot.

So let me ask you this, does this qualify as an alcoholic to you??? I drink to have a good time ONLY!!!!!!! But yes I do drink to escape my problems sometimes. Alot of you also do this, Does this make me or you a person with a problem???????

The definition of an addiction is "something you need to function" and while I dont have to have a beer after work everyday, I dont need to drink with my folkz, I do find it hard to pass up alcohol when were out together. I just cant say "NO" sometimes.

I realise that alcohol does effect my life but to what point. It does not interfer with my job. It cause's no problems with my friends or family. It has never caused any problems with any of girlfriends. It to this point has no effected my health in any way. I spend very little money on alcohol within any given month. But yet It's something that I do need in my life to keep my sanity from time to time.

I do enjoy drinking with my friends. We all do. But where is that line that goes past fun and into problems. 2001 was the worst year of my life and I did the worst thing I could have. I drank my problems away. 7 days a week for 6 months straight. I'm talking something like $4000 out of my savings that my grandmother ( RIP ) left to me for school, and that does not include my pay checks from work every week. And I do regret it but at the same time I enjoyed it, I cant and wont lie about that.

I look now and will never make that mistake again but even though I dont drink like that at all anymore, but since it's only two days a week what is the difference??? I realized I had a problem and wont do it agian I now know this, but does this really have an overall effect on the matter????? I'm not so sure sometimes.

The point is I can turn down a drink, but if someone said you cant drink for the rest of your life, I could not do that. I need alcohol from time to time. So am I an alcoholic or do I just enjoy drinking for good times every now and then???????????

Jun 21, 2002
www.myspace.com
Alcohol is a depressant. So if you drink to wash away pain and sorrow, it just kinda makes it worse. People tend to think about their problems and worries more when they drink (in my experience).
I think if it's not affecting your work and life in general it's not a problem. But if it is, or if it's a problem for YOU, then it's a bad thing. You said in 2001, you drank your problems away. Did they really go away? Or did you forget about them for a moment and still have to deal with them anyways? I think THAT'S when it becomes a problem; when you use it to totally escape.

It can loosen you up, it can be a good thing in moderation. I think we all have limits and I think you've been finding your's and that's a good thing. You have to ask yourself (seriously) if how much you drink is a problem for you, and be honest with yourself. Does it affect you, your job, friends and family etc.?

It can be unhealthy to drink every day, you can do serious damage to yourself. I have a couple of family members who died of ciroshis (however Cali Love spelled it, I can't) of the liver and my brother has it now.

Dec 17, 2002
WWW.AOD-ORG.COM
so danm deep i cant call it i guess im jus a alcohalic!!!

thats all i fukz wit is alcohol!!! an i dont really drink ass often as i use to.but when i do drink i ether drink to get smashed!!or ill jus have one beer, depends on my enviorment im in i guess,my whole fam bam drinks a lot like my grandma drinks vodka on the rocc's every day an she 85!!!! but ive got alot of self controli ant got the time or money to really have a addiction.an jefe there is other things you could be doin to have a good time!! like for example!!!!written,composen beatz,recorden!!lol naw jus stay string folcx!!! if you need anyone to talk to jus holler folcx!!

sinncerly sinn

p.s. i got on there radio station out here played some of are shyt to but if you can send me that package asap so i can get are shyt in rotation right now they jus playn it in a mixxx like 1 of each song!!
jus let me know

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
^^^^^^^^^^^^

True. But I also ment that as in social drinking. Being around folkz and just enjoying the momenet. Sometimes I drink sometimes I dont.

@Doom / No my problems didn't go away they just got forgotten that night than they would return when I woke up, I repeated the cycle everyday. It was the wrong road but that was the road I took, there is nothing I can do to change the past, only thing is to make a change for the future if something like this happens again.

The question I asked has no simple answer and to everyone its asked to it will retain to them differently.

I'll add more later...........

Dec 17, 2002
WWW.AOD-ORG.COM
yea maybe i dont understand????

ill jus holler about this on the phone.i dont want anything to getz misconstrued..........ok folcx...you know how the net iz!!!!you know we doos it when we's gettz to gether
always on drank!!!!
but wat doom said was tru its all good in maderation!!!
sinncerly sinn

Apr 25, 2002
View 1 said:
^^^^^^^^^^^^

True. But I also ment that as in social drinking. Being around folkz and just enjoying the momenet. Sometimes I drink sometimes I dont.
You can't drink something non-alcoholic and enjoy the moment just as much? I don't drink...never have and probably never will but that doesn't stop me from having a good time.

Jun 3, 2002
www.aod-org.com
Juan Million said:

You can't drink something non-alcoholic and enjoy the moment just as much? I don't drink...never have and probably never will but that doesn't stop me from having a good time.

Yes I can and do this from time to time. I like alot of people do enjoy drinking from time to time, there is no problem with that. I never said you have to drink to have a good time. The whole point of my thread is self control which sometimes I question myself on. Thats all.............

I've seen alchohol tear up a couple relationships/families, including mine....step-dad was a major alcoholic...and for a period last year, i was drinking almost everyday....ask CQ, she was my drinking buddy...hehe, but lately...it kinda just faded away....and only drink on the weekends, if that.....sometimes, when shit is rough, I do get into the "damn i wanna get drunk" mood, but usually I jsut smoke....another thing that has slowly decreasing....one thing i learned from my folks and uncles who have attended AA meetings....is if you tend to drink by yourself ALOT, most likely you are an alcoholic....but who am I to judge anyone...

Dec 17, 2002
WWW.AOD-ORG.COM
@doooooooooom!!!

yea md twomp/twomp will have ya that way!!!!lol but your verse was sicc!!!!homie i still want to get you on the tracc so ill let you know when its goin down!!!
sinncerly sinn

beware/when you lock eye's wit me/
beware /cuz your fuck'n wit a aoditie/
beware/ ill leave you dead/
for the world to see/
so you bess beware /you bess beware/!!!!!
hahah classic shyt!!!