Question About Myspace Animation

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
So I made an animated .Gif for my boy's myspace page default picture, the animation, colors, and pics look fine when I play it on the computer and I sent it to him and it worked fine for him, but when I upload it to myspace, whatever myspace does when it converts it, it fucks up the image hella bad and makes it look all weird with pink dots and specs all over it and makes the animation look all the fucked up

it's something myspace is doing to the gif file when I upload it, is there anyway around this?? do i need to save it as a different kind of file? or does myspace just fuck up files sometimes ?

or can i host a default image from another site, or does it have to be uploaded to myspace ?

tosin

Sicc OG
Feb 28, 2004
www.thescrewshop.com
myspace compresses the shit out of large files...thats why it looks like shit...

ive seen where people can cover the location of a default image w/ an outside linked image...

have you ever been to someones page and they have a default image on the main page but when you click on 'pics' that image isnt in any of their folders? i think that would be the only way do it w/out it being compressed...

Oct 30, 2005
ive seen where people can cover the location of a default image w/ an outside linked image...

have you ever been to someones page and they have a default image on the main page but when you click on 'pics' that image isnt in any of their folders? i think that would be the only way do it w/out it being compressed...
thats actually due to them making one of there folders private which is why u cant see it when u view their view more pics

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
i tried everything to bypass this, i added extra still frames in between animations, compressed the fuck outta gif, anything you can think of and i still get that pink shit on gifs....i dont think theres a way to use an externally hosted pic as default image..

what program are you using?

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
i made the gif in Image Ready

damn so there's no way around that pink shit?

the file is tiny, only like 300kb, but there's hella layers in it

how come some animations come out fine and some just look fucked up on myspace ?

ESFCE

Sicc OG
Dec 4, 2004
I make my GIFs in Jasc Animation shop. my only guess is that the clean animations you see on myspace are made in a non-gif making program and THEN converted it into gif...like a flash video, etc.

C-4

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
so basically the smaller the size wont compromise the quality when it's converted to myspace ??

Oct 25, 2007
www.antilabs.net
there's no way that i've ever found.

you can put the identical image, but scaled to the approximate size of the thumbnail in a private folder and use that as the default and keep the large version public, but the thumbnail for the large version will still be fucked up.

Jun 4, 2004
Post up the image.... also in Image Ready there are optimization settings that delete repetitive pixels to save on size, but this also creates blank/transparent sections in your animation. I would suggest trying to turn that off and do full frame images/no transparency.