Question about bidding on auctions on Ebay

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 14, 2004
Why do fools bid on items that aren't ending for, lets say five days from now? They're just making the item that much more expensive. Why not just wait for the last hour of the ending time to bid and get it for cheap? Do they really want to spend that much money? I don't.

I'm talking about a, "Master P - The Ghettos Tryin to Kill Me", album in the red font. The item is up for auction and doesn't end til 4 days from now, the starting bid was at $9.99 and is now 12 bids deep at $69.99.

I'm new to Ebay, so this is why I ask. I just want to know why people put such high bids on items that aren't ending for a while.

Jun 24, 2006
If you have a set price your willing to spend then why wait? And there are plenty of times where I have decided to wait and forgotten to bid. thats probably why they bid early

Feb 14, 2004
Isn't that why they invented the, "Watch List"?

I get what you're saying, but still. If they have a set price they want to pay, they should know that they're not the only one's viewing the item and not the only one's wanting the item. They're not going to get the item for 15.99 four days from now. Why not just put the item on their watch list and constantly check it once the end time is near?

May 4, 2002

i bid on alot of stuff on ebay....usually i bid early just so it stays in my current activity. I got so much shit in my watch list I usually forget to even bid. Its been a few times where stuff I really wanted went really low and I forgot to bid. Lost out on some gemms so I have learned my lesson since then just bid early and if you really want it bid high....

May 3, 2002
I used to always ask the same question because of all these last minute bidders, but i've seen many items go with just one bid and it was the person that bid early, and I too have lost out on a lot of damn items because I get side tracked and forget to bid

May 25, 2005
watch list for me..

but at the same time, i dont mind when cats bid early, cause if the bid goes over a certain price, i know not to bother and wait around during the final hour..

Jan 6, 2003
Don't forget that an item may be taken down if no one bids, especially if the seller gets an offer on the side. I used to place bids the final day but now, if I want an item I place a bid just to get it started -in case I forget

I don't think the item necessarily goes for higher price if someone places an early bid.