Q (founder of WorldStarHipHop) found dead at 43

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 5, 2016
RIP, but I refuse to give a guy props who made millions exploiting his own people.
If something like wshh fell into your lap, would you turn it down if it was going to make you tons of money? open question to whovever might take issue with how Q made his fortune

if you consider what Q did with WSHH an exploitation, than so is rap...

which is ironic and somewhat hypocritical, considering we are posting on a gangster rap forum...

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
No, I understand what you meant, at the end of the day though, he didn't do anything wrong by showing videos on the internet that people of all colors wanted to watch- all he did was successfully capitalize it into an enterprise. I also believe people should always put themselves first before their "own" people or any other people. Its a dog eat dog world. If I die tomorrow, the only people that really care are those close to me, not my "own" people, and if I do something stupidly entertaining and it is caught on video by someone else, millions of people will be drawn to it. True, we should not be attracted or interested in others misfortunes but the fact of the matter is it is a human trait on even the most basic level. I can't fault someone for being drawn to it or someone capitalizing from it, so as long as they are not violating anyone's rights. $0.02
Supplying information is essential, but this information was clearly mental subjugation and psychological slavery inflicted upon the young black populationsv subconscious and to a larger extent any youth with a multicultural and diversity based education (see democrat / liberal common core). It is an extremely powerful tool to be abused if weilded by any Fifth Column(s). If the intentions of these groups are nefarious it could be incomprehensibly destructive and divisive; this subconscious negative tribalism / group-think conditioning would eventually only require a catalyst or trigger for things to explode.

Seeing all of this stuff that started to catalyze around Trayvon Martin: the nations race relations degenerating while going unreported and unacknowledged with no communication any longer just hate and tension and violence and labeling with ist's and ism's if you do acknowledge it in any capacity, cities being burned to the ground and rioting and looting and continual destruction under the guise of protest; black on black crime that is at war zone levels in any Democrat controlled city and only getting worse, blahblahblah. I could continue but I doubt anyone has received any of this. I've said it over and over and over again through the copwatch / BLM threads. It's impossible to receive when circular reasoning is the foundation of our educational system and shuts down any form of critical discourse.

So I say nah. It's quite clear that this site is just one of many tools being used to divide and undermine and destroy this nation. And I say he did do something wrong. He either was in on it, ignored it, couldn't see how powerful and destructive it is (doubt it), or worst of all just didn't care and allowed it to happen. Now it is a matter of which one was it and I'd like more details before gauging how harsh the judgment should be; you should know these details don't come out for months, years, decades. The real details. You know what I'm talking about. Did he maybe not realize what was happening and tried to stop it? Was he going to try to turn the site around into something positive or expose how it was hijacked and morphed into something else? Was this the hijacking (ice needle.....)?

I'd like to know.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
If something like wshh fell into your lap, would you turn it down if it was going to make you tons of money? open question to whovever might take issue with how Q made his fortune
I would not sell my soul for any amount of money if destruction of this country ir the destruction of the black population has anything to do with it at all.

I love this country and want everyone to reach their full potential and succeed, regardless of their skin color; especially those who are positive and have strong character and believe in law and order.

Last edited:
Jul 12, 2002
I understand that he was essentially hosting content other ppl made, but it was mostly negative stuff and it encouraged people to commit more negative acts and post them on there. It only made things worse. Just because somebody found a way to make a lot of money doesn't mean I have to respect them for it.
There's plenty of ways to make money that don't have a negative impact on other people.

I think he could have taken the site in a different direction once it blew up, or done more for the communities with the money he was making. I never once heard a story about this guy giving back to all the inner cities he was profitting off of. Maybe he did and I just didn't see any of the stories though.

May 7, 2013
33°
www.hoescantstopme.biz
I would not sell my soul for any amount of money if destruction of this country ir the destruction of the black population has anything to do with it at all.

I love this country and want everyone to reach their full potential and succeed, regardless of their skin color; especially those who are positive and have strong character and believe in law and order.
Have you ever slanged before? Give an honest answer, don't be a hypocrite...

I will admit I sold poison before. I am not proud of it but I took advantage of the opportunity that was at hand at the time and I don't regret it. When you have mouths to feed and you against a wall you gotta do what it does. If it wasn't from me it would have been from someone else, the game don't change, everything remains the same. People talk a good talk but that ain't really real.

Last edited:

Hood Rat Matt

aka Goodfella (since '02)
Oct 19, 2009
East Oakland (Hills)
Founder of WorldStarHipHop dies at San Diego massage parlor

From the LA Times:

According to the coroner’s office, Lee O’Denat's cause of death is heart disease, with obesity considered a contributing factor.

Lee O’Denat, known as Q, the founder of the influential website WorldStarHipHop.com — which grew into the preeminent clearinghouse of hip-hop music videos, entertainment news and viral videos — died suddenly on Monday in San Diego. He was 43.

The San Diego County medical examiner’s office said O’Denat was at a business in a San Diego shopping center — identified by police as a massage parlor — when he became unresponsive.

Paramedics arrived and attempted to revive him with CPR, but he was pronounced dead about 5:30 p.m. The cause of death is heart disease, with obesity considered a contributing factor, according to the coroner’s office.

TMZ first reported O’Denat’s death. WorldStar issued a statement confirming the news and said the site would continue.

“Q was a brilliant businessman who championed urban culture, ultimately creating the largest hip-hop website in the world,” the statement said. “But more than that, he was a devoted father and one of the nicest, most generous persons to ever grace this planet.”

A native of Queens, O’Denat founded WorldStar in 2005 and made the site into a more curated form of YouTube, with music, police videos and outrageous clips of fights and sex in public locations.

“Hip-hop is for the sex, the drugs, the violence, the beefs, the culture,” O’Denat told the New York Times in 2015. “That’s the competitiveness of hip-hop, so I felt like the site needed to be R-rated.”

He added: “People may be offended by some of the content, but, hey, the Internet is not a censorship boat. We’re the Carnival cruise, man. You don’t have to log on.”

Popular hip-hop artists opted to premiere their music on the site, which grew to sell apparel and products.

In recent years, O’Denat had sought deals to bring WorldStar further into the mainstream. MTV2 announced earlier this month that a series based on the site, “WorldStar TV,” was set to premiere Feb. 3.

The weekly show, hosted by comedian Chris Powell, is expected to feature comics and cultural figures giving commentary on Web clips.

BUTCHER 206

FREE BUTCHER206
Aug 22, 2003
Seattle, WA
yeah it did seem like I was kinda trying to sound morally superior there for a sec; sorry. I was on some other shit. There's a clear disconnect here; I view the site as more than just "hip hop". It should be recognized for what it is, a "Hip hop and urban culture" website. There's a huge difference.

New Year, New Job | Center for Internet and Society

With WorldStarHipHop, Lee O’Denat pioneered our viral video addiction - The Washington Post

It's not some independent site that got big by itself. It was purposely linked in with all these other outlets as part of the same system of mental subjugation. It is a tool to normalize "urban culture". When you see these images over and over, you visit the site its linked into peoples tweets and instagram posts and on youtube and has videos going viral all the

- whatever

later folks i got bored