Q-DOT, FICE, JOSH RIZEBERG, EVERGREENONE & SIC ILL in the "TACOMA WEEKLY VOLCANO"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 3, 2009
Tacoma, WA
www.youtube.com
Q-DOT, FICE, JOSH RIZEBERG, EVERGREENONE & SIC ILL in the "TACOMA WEEKLY VOLCANO"

COURTESY OF ZACH "ROCKWELL" POWERS of the Weekly Volcano
URL - http://www.weeklyvolcano.com/music/features/2010/12/The-year-in-Tacoma-hip-hop-2010/

This year, 2010, was a busy year for Tacoma hip-hop music. Many different individual artists and groups released and promoted good music and built their fanbases. However, there was no clear-cut top artist, and therefore I didn't feel compelled to spout 500 words of my own opinion about who had the best 2010.

Instead, I raised a few questions to some the emcees that frequented the pages of the Volcano over the last year. Here are a few of their answers.
Favorite album

Josh Rizeberg: Sonny Bonoho's Phone Freak

"I thought it was very musical and I liked his collabs with Playboy Tre."

Fice: Milk On Wax

"I felt like EvergreenOne and Todd Sykes actually took the time to create a certain vibe for an album. I also liked that it was one producer for the entire album because a lot of people don't do that anymore."
Favorite EP

Fice: Tie between DJ Semaj's Some Kind of Wonderful and John Crown's Before I Wake You Up.

"DJ Semaj put together a solid EP and I liked that it was a producer's EP and that the focus was on his production. John has always had the ability to be personal in his music and come off genuine and not corny."
Best Show

Q Dot: EvergreenOne at Grit City Fest

"The last show of Grit City Fest. EvergreenOne freestyling in the chair was classic."

Sic-Ill (of Darxiide): Puget Sound Mixtape release at Hell's Kitchen

"The Puget Sound Mixtape release at Hell's Kitchen was my favorite show - it unified a lot of Tacoma artists and gave a lot of people the chance to see the variety of music the South Sound has."

EvergreenOne: Mad Rad, Champagne Champagne and City Hall at Jazzbones.

"Lots of drunk girls and great music. Plus, Champagne is one of my favorite bands."
Biggest Surprise

Fice: EvergreenOne

"It wasn't really a surprise because he never slacked in the rhyming department, but I feel he really grew as an all around artist, from performing, to song writing, to recording. You can just tell from the ‘Born In 86' joint that he's not slowing down."

Rizeberg: Darxiide.

"They really created their own lane and forced their way into the scene."
Most Slept-On

Rizeberg: Slap-Boy Muzik

"They're from the Eastside of Tacoma. I think they only did a few shows outside of El Potrero. They're good, unique and fresh. Look out for them in the street-music scene of Tacoma."

Q Dot: Josh Rizeberg's Word to the Wize

"I think doesn't get the credit it's due. Coming from a poetry background and the content served."

EvergreenOne: Awall

"Awall is slept on and he is on OG. That dude is filthy. I fuck with him heavily. His mixtape with boombox was some of the realest Tacoma music ever."
Best Video

Sic-Ill: EvergreenOne & Todd Sykes "‘90s Shit"

"It showcased the talent of Erik Soderquist and inspired a lot of people to step it up."

Rizeberg: Fice's "253"

"(It) was real clean and it had a lot of good Tac shots and good cameos."

EvergreenOne: DRocc's Spanaway video

"The little homie (but way bigger than me in person) DRocc. That Spanaway video was dope! I love seeing that kind of stuff!"