Q. bout mod chips

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 18, 2002
my friend has his ps2 modded... he has to do hella bullshit to play a game though, like swapping discs an shit.... but he has a fuccin cd case full of burnt games though

May 23, 2002
there are new mod chips that will play both CDR's and DVDR's...some games, for example Metal Gear Solid 2 are on DVDR's...but the majority of the games are regualr CDR's...i put a chip in my ps2 when they first came out...i need a gameshrak and i have to swap discs and all that shit, but i never had any problems with my PS2...i'm planning on buying another PS2 with that new chip in it (The one that plays DVDR's)...it was too much work for me to try to sodler wires on my original...they're guranteed to work, the price is a little steep, but it's well worth it once you start buying copied games...

Sep 7, 2002
NO Don't listen to J-Dollar. I got that plug and play bullshit, It didn't even work. Believe me, i installed it really good.

If your gonna get one, get the Magic 3 Mod Chip. You don't have to swap games or nothin, you dont even need a game shark to boot the games up. Just pop the DVD-R in it, and it reads it.
It requires soldering tho, but its easy as fuck. Or just takeit to an Electronics Technician and let him install it for you. It cost about 90 or so. It aint fi cheap