PROJECT POETRY

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 19, 2003
Well, production-wise, they both have a gritty sound that I like (different from when JT produces, but it's all good). HUSTLE RELENTLESS had better features (Quinn, The Gamblaz, D-Moe, Guce, Ray Luv, Young Noble, etc.), but to me, PROJECT POETRY seemed more like a "real" JT solo...the lyrics that JT used on his PROJECT POETRY verses seemed a little more thought-out, IMHO.

Don't get me wrong, JT was lyrically on-point on HUSTLE RELENTLESS, but it seemed like he was content to let the guests carry the lyrical action a bit more (HUSTLE RELENTLESS had three tracks that JT carried by himself, whereas PROJECT POETRY had eight). But he told MURDER DOG earlier this year that he spent most of 2002 trying to get his business tactics together (i.e. Black Wall Street, etc.), so that activity in his life probably determined much of the difference between how he came on the CDs.

But both CDs are dope and well worth picking up. Which one is best? Well, that's up to the individual! Hope THE MAIN EVENT comes out soon!

PEACE!