Project Implicit

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Hemp

Sicc OG
Sep 5, 2005
I seen this Racial Preferencing experiment on dateline NB
let us know your results, and what you tihnk on the accuracy of the test, or of any flaws and errors you would like brought up.
Hopefully this becomes a good discussion,

In the next task, you will be presented with a set of words or images to classify into groups. This task requires that you classify items as quickly as you can while making as few mistakes as possible. Going too slow or making too many mistakes will result in an uninterpretable score. This will take about 5 minutes. The following is a list of category labels and the items that belong to each of those categories.

Category Items
Good Joy, Love, Peace, Wonderful, Pleasure, Glorious, Laughter, Happy
Bad Agony, Terrible, Horrible, Nasty, Evil, Awful, Failure, Hurt
African American faces of African Americans
European American faces of European Americans
Keep in mind
Keep your index fingers on the 'e' and 'i' keys to enable rapid response.
Two labels at the top will tell you which words or images go with each key.
Each word or image has a correct classification. Most of these are easy.
The test gives no results if you go slow -- Please try to go as fast as possible.
Expect to make a few mistakes because of going fast. That's OK.
For best results, avoid distractions and stay focused.

http://implicit.harvard.edu/implicit/study.html

Dec 25, 2003
Taken this before and I thought it was off.

Just took it again; the Test is flawed imo.

People automatically score better when good is first and left and bad is second and right, as this goes with our tendency to read from left to right and our automatic mental ordering of good first and bad second. It just so happens that "White" is grouped with "Good" when Good and Bad are in left to right order.

I bet if African American and "good" were to both be placed on the left side, the results would be different.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
Your data suggest a moderate automatic preference for European American compared to African American.

This CANNOT be right! LOL, yeah I think that the order in which you start out affects it a whole lot.

WHITE DEVIL said:
I bet if African American and "good" were to both be placed on the left side, the results would be different.
I agree.