Playas N the GAME & discography

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 21, 2002
Yo can anybody help.

I picked up Playas N the Game, original 94 press (how rare is this?). This is a classic cd, absolutly heated.

Point is i cant believe i been hibernating on JT,

Can anybody point me in the direction of a discography for JT and Get Low, like every release on the label in order of when they came out.

Also which is considered the best JT album?

Holla

Feb 19, 2003
Mak Deniro said:
Yo can anybody help.

I picked up Playas N the Game, original 94 press (how rare is this?). This is a classic cd, absolutly heated.

Point is i cant believe i been hibernating on JT,

Can anybody point me in the direction of a discography for JT and Get Low, like every release on the label in order of when they came out.

Also which is considered the best JT album?

Holla
Well, as far as a list of Get Low CDs...only JT could do that, but most people, myself included, seem to feel JT's best early CD is a toss-up between PLAYAZ N THE GAME and DWELLIN IN THE LABB.

As for more recent JT CDs, most people seem to be digging PROJECT POETRY (I like it, too). JT didn't produce it, but Sean T and Giggalo come up with some cool tracks, and JT lyrically carries most of the tracks himself. Short but tight.

SOMETHING CRUCIAL (2000) and HUSTLE RELENTLESS (2002) are worth getting, too, but they come off a little more like compilations than JT solos (which is not a diss). JT will do maybe one verse a song, and then San Quinn, The Gamblaz, D-Moe, Killa Tay, C-Bo, Ray Luv and others carry much of the lyrical weight. Still worthwhile, though. The production on SOMETHING CRUCIAL is like that on DWELLIN', while the HUSTLE RELENTLESS music has a more gritty sound (by Sean T., Benny Bloc, etc.)

When PROJECT POETRY dropped, JT left a post on BART saying that he considered that particular CD his first "real" solo CD in a long time, so maybe he doesn't consider SOMETHING CRUCIAL and HUSTLE RELENTLESS to be in the same boat, I don't know. Just my opinion, though...

PEACE!

Feb 19, 2003
Well, I don't have the CDs in front of me, but off the top of my head:

Original STRAIGHT OUT THE LABB (1993):

JT The Bigga Figga
San Quinn
D-Moe
Seff The Gaffla
Ive Lowe
Bushy Moe
JD and Scatt
Nate Banks
Brother Moe

New STRAIGHT OUT THE LABB 2 (2003):

JT The Bigga Figga
San Quinn
D-Moe
Telly Mac (from The Gamblaz)
Authentic (ditto)
Ive Lowe
Bushy Moe
Eddie Boy
Bluebird (I THINK that's his name; he's from New York)
Young Noble
Skip
Joi Patrice (singing)
Louie Loc
Trev G.
Playa P.

There may be some names I'm missing, but those are the ones I remember off-hand. PEACE!

paul

May 12, 2002
Dank or Dope
Don't Stop Til We Major
Playaz n the Game
Dwellin In The Labb
Operation Takeover
Puttin it on the Map
Somethin Crucial
Hustle Relentless
Project Poetry

and 100 other collabo/compilation albums