Palmeiro suspended 10 days by MLB

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
PRESS RELEASE
08/01/2005 12:33 PM ET
Rafael Palmeiro suspended 10 days
The Office of the Commissioner of Baseball today announced that Rafael Palmeiro of the Baltimore Orioles has been suspended for 10 days, effective today, for violation of Major League Baseball's Joint Drug Prevention and Treatment Program.

Aug 20, 2004
Now Ryan Franklin got suspended....

DETROIT (AP) -- Seattle Mariners pitcher Ryan Franklin was suspended 10 days for violating his sport's steroids policy, the eighth major league player caught under the tougher rules enacted this year prohibiting performance-enhancing substances.

The announcement Tuesday came one day after Orioles slugger Rafael Palmeiro was suspended after testing positive for steroids.

Franklin, a 32-year-old right-hander, is 6-11 this season with a 4.61 ERA in 22 games, including 20 starts. He was expected to talk with reporters later Tuesday.

"We are disappointed to learn this news, but at the direction of Major League Baseball, and, following its rules, we are not able to comment further," Mariners spokesman Tim Hevly said.

The Mariners play at the Tigers at Detroit's Comerica Park on Tuesday night.

May 15, 2002
Pino said:
there's rumors that another big slugger is going to be exposed. Why is MLB even coordinating these announcements rather than release it as soon as its available?
Hmmmm who could it be?

Ortiz? Ramirez? Thome?

I personally think the league balled Shinjo cause they knew he was juicing - thats why he's not in the league this year

On the Palmeiro thing - its being reported he took a powerful steroid, the one which Ben Johnson got caught for

Apr 25, 2002
Gringo Starr said:
Now Ryan Franklin got suspended....

DETROIT (AP) -- Seattle Mariners pitcher Ryan Franklin was suspended 10 days for violating his sport's steroids policy, the eighth major league player caught under the tougher rules enacted this year prohibiting performance-enhancing substances.

The announcement Tuesday came one day after Orioles slugger Rafael Palmeiro was suspended after testing positive for steroids.

Franklin, a 32-year-old right-hander, is 6-11 this season with a 4.61 ERA in 22 games, including 20 starts. He was expected to talk with reporters later Tuesday.

"We are disappointed to learn this news, but at the direction of Major League Baseball, and, following its rules, we are not able to comment further," Mariners spokesman Tim Hevly said.

The Mariners play at the Tigers at Detroit's Comerica Park on Tuesday night.
Wow I wonder if this will ruin his Hall of Fame chances

Aug 20, 2004
G-Dubb said:
Wow I wonder if this will ruin his Hall of Fame chances
Oh we got jokes this morning do we?

The reason i pointed it out jackass...is if you knew who Ryan Franklin WAS...youd know his use of steroids is a ridiculous accusation...the guy weighs fuckin 160 lbs....AND HES A PITCHER....

Apr 25, 2002
Are you Ryan Franklin?? Stop acting like such a pussy about it, it was a fucking joke. Jesus.

And I know exactly who Ryan Franklin is I saw the A's pin three losses on him this year... He's also pitched more innings than any other Mariner pitcher this year... Which is one of the reasons they say pitchers use steroids... So they can keep coming back and throwing a lot of innings without wearing down.

Apr 25, 2002
Pino said:
^^I think Gringo's a Mariners fan who tryin to protect his team, but seriously that next slugger is probably Bret Boone who suddenly has lost all his skills. Its kind of a coincidence that when Canseco's book was released that he's been goin downhill since
Fan or no fan, I would have said the same thing about any average player being caught whether I'm a fan of their team or not.

Boone had to have been juicing.

Aug 20, 2004
I am a M's fan....im a die hard Sonic fan...and no matter how many 1 win season the Huskies have...those are my guys...Purple & Gold to the heart...

FUCK the Seahawks....

No disrespect G-Dubb...you know im bitter that the M's upper-management team are a bunch of cave men...I was simply stating that another player is gettin slapped in the face by MLB...future hall of famer or not...hes a starting pitcher for my squad..

Apr 25, 2002
Gringo Starr said:
I am a M's fan....im a die hard Sonic fan...and no matter how many 1 win season the Huskies have...those are my guys...Purple & Gold to the heart...

FUCK the Seahawks....

No disrespect G-Dubb...you know im bitter that the M's upper-management team are a bunch of cave men...I was simply stating that another player is gettin slapped in the face by MLB...future hall of famer or not...hes a starting pitcher for my squad..
All good.

Really I don't disrespect none of these dudes or nothing it's just a joke, whether they're an All-Star or a "scrub"... There's less than 1,000 people in the world who can even play in the MLB at one time... And less than 300 in the HOF after over 100 years of a baseball... Just getting there is almost impossible and your chances of getting into the HOF are slim to none after that. Just getting into one pro game is a huge accomplishment.