OT: West Nile Virus stuff

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 16, 2002
do any of ya'll believe/not believe in the West Nile Virus? I wouldn't be surprised if it's just another way for doctors to make their money, but then again..Mosquitos can transmit a disease from 1 person to another using blood.

But what ever happened to the "African" Killer Bees? Watching "Bowling For Columbine" made me think about all this...especially with this West Nile stuff going on now.

any opinions on this?

Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
Do I believe in West Nile? Hahahaha. Um, yes, the virus exists.

Now, is it overhyped by the media? Absolutely. There was an "outbreak" or "epidemic" or pick your favorite word of West Nile in Phoenix this year. What constitutes an "epidemic"? Five people died. Five. We're talking about a metro area of over 6 million people, and five dead people is news?

Unless you're really old, and/or have a weakened immune system, West Nile ain't gonna kill ya. I've got a better chance of being killed in a car wreck on the way home from work today.

Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
I find it amusing that Bowling for Columbine, a movie about the prevalence of violence in our culture, led you to question the existence of the West Nile virus.

That's one weird fucking thought process.

K

KEEP IT KEEBLER

we got west nile in kansas city, but i don't think there has been a case of it yet this year
we had it lastyear and the year before that too.

Feb 12, 2004
well don't know if it's a government trick but a few years ago the west nile virus spread rapidly in center israel (near our main creek).. so the what the government decided to do is to kill the moskitos with pesticides.. in the news we saw huge trucks spray gigantic clouds of pesticides..
don't remember if someone actually died of the disease so i keep the option that it was a conspiracy of the government..

Nov 14, 2002
don't remember if someone actually died of the disease so i keep the option that it was a conspiracy of the government..
So then America and Israel, under two different presidents (West Nile was around during the days of Clinton) both got together to make up a fake virus just so they could randomly spray pesticides?

Ok. You keep watching those really smart documentaries.

Dec 2, 2002
therealtechn9ne.com
HOLY FUCK
IT'S THE STUPIDEST THREAD EVER
and what the fuck happened to that blue baby
did he get drowned or frozen or sumthin
juggafatass-if youre planin on eatin that kid make sure you dont keep him frozen for more than 6 or 8 months or he could go bad

Oct 9, 2002
MizeryU said:
HOLY FUCK
IT'S THE STUPIDEST THREAD EVER
and what the fuck happened to that blue baby
did he get drowned or frozen or sumthin
juggafatass-if youre planin on eatin that kid make sure you dont keep him frozen for more than 6 or 8 months or he could go bad
That was great shit.... well it was nice knowin ya around the forum lol....

Sep 26, 2002
ENDelt260 said:
Do I believe "epidemic"? Five people died. Five. We're talking about a metro area of over 6 million people, and five dead people is news?.
yeah, i bet there are 200 or more people fuckin dying from the common cold in 6 million every year and they have to scare people with 5 deaths in 6 million... bunch of bullshit

but who knows, maybe they're talkin because the virus might transform and might become a bigger threat in the future... but still