ONE OF THE WORST DAYS IN THE HISTORY OF KINGS BASKETBALL

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jul 28, 2002
kingstalk.com
I don't see how you can say getting Ostertag is a set back. I mean he's not a starter. Just someone to throw in for 10 or so minutes a game just to give Webb and Miller a breather. Same as Vlade would have been doing had we kept him. Only difference between Vlade and Ostertag is Vlade could pass and shoot and flop. And Ostertag can grab rebounds and block & alter shots and actually bring some toughness and intensity to the team which we've lacked for the past 6 seasons. He wasn't picked up to score and lead the league in PPG. He was picked up to block/alter a few shots and grab rebounds and change the pace of a game. Hell he can even come in and knock someone on their ass when needed. In my opinion he was a decent pick up. A little tiny upgrade over Vlade. But still an upgrade.

Apr 25, 2002
I agree...Ostertag, will provide some toughness to the team...all he has to do is block shots and grab rebounds...he will only get about 15 min a game...

Jun 24, 2004
Villain said:
I agree...Ostertag, will provide some toughness to the team...all he has to do is block shots and grab rebounds...he will only get about 15 min a game...

How can u expect him to do good in a system that doesnt fit his strenghs? When he was with Utah they ran a half court offense and let him get down low and bang. On Sac they love to run, i dont see him contributing much or anything on offense, his D will be welcomed.

Sep 15, 2002
lVleNaCe said:
He wasn't picked up to score and lead the league in PPG. He was picked up to block/alter a few shots and grab rebounds and change the pace of a game. Hell he can even come in and knock someone on their ass when needed. In my opinion he was a decent pick up.
EXACTLY!

Apr 25, 2002
lVleNaCe said:
I don't see how you can say getting Ostertag is a set back. I mean he's not a starter. Just someone to throw in for 10 or so minutes a game just to give Webb and Miller a breather. Same as Vlade would have been doing had we kept him. Only difference between Vlade and Ostertag is Vlade could pass and shoot and flop. And Ostertag can grab rebounds and block & alter shots and actually bring some toughness and intensity to the team which we've lacked for the past 6 seasons. He wasn't picked up to score and lead the league in PPG. He was picked up to block/alter a few shots and grab rebounds and change the pace of a game. Hell he can even come in and knock someone on their ass when needed. In my opinion he was a decent pick up. A little tiny upgrade over Vlade. But still an upgrade.
I agree...Vlade is a good passer and shooter but Sac already has plenty of guys that do that..Ostertag brings them toughness, shot blocking and rebounding that they dont have as much of.