OK......I tried out the Cubase SX beta......

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
I think it fuckin' SUCKS big green donkey dicks!

Man......they changed the entire layout (which I kinda already knew from the screenshots).....and I AM NOT diggin' it at all. I ran into problems with my ASIO drivers and COULD NOT find the audio-sytem options page anywhere in the program to try and fix it. There are a few cool things about it.......but it's gonna be like having to learn a whole new program again. Worse than when Cubase made the jump from 3.7 to 5.0.

You may dig it......but I am not. And now I'm going to go run and cry becuase I waited for this shit and am so disappointed. :cry:

Apr 26, 2002
You know there's gonna be all sorts of Problems for a while until they fix all the bugs and Glitches. If I were to get it I would wait like a Year or so, that way they have it updated
Theonly reason I would get it is for the unlimited undos, surround mixing.
That VST system link is a tight concept.
For now,ima stick with Cubase 5.0, ihave No Problems with it, Except for the limited undos(I just try to be careful with that shit)

May 2, 2002
One thing that kills me about 5.1 is that it doesn't allow me to rewire (reason, rebirth, etc) into the program, it'll freeze. But OLDER VERSIONS OF CUBASE WILL REWIRE!!! WTF! I've been wanting to tryout the Cubase SX regardless, but I'm not using a WinXP system, and I don't want to upgrade, because I'm scared of losing the use of a lot of my tight old school programs and vsts. Were you running XP, DSane?

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
Yup.....I'm runnin' XP Pro. I haven't had any problems running any of my programs (after updating various drivers & versions). I was very skeptical at first about making the jump from WIN98 to XP Pro......but I've been pleasantly surprised with how well it runs......I like it. And from what I've been told.....XP is geared more towards multimedia use now....so everything is working well together.

I would recommend making the switch. What software are you using that's old and still worth using?? Alot of the new shit that's coming out is geared more towards newer OS's too.....so you could end up runnin' into problems trying to use newer software with the old shit......ya know? You may be forced to upgrade sooner than later.

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
lol......I said the same thing. I didn't want to change my set-up either......but she runs beautifully now!

Do you need a copy? I have a corporate version (from Microsoft....but don't tell nobody.....lol) that doesn't include their new copyright protection scheme. Apparently with XP they require you to register it and pop the disk in every couple months or so.......mine don't do that shit. I can shoot you a copy if you like? You work with Decoy, right? I can throw it in with this package I'm bouts to send him......let me know asap.

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

it jumped from 3.7 to 5.0 because they didn't have 4.0 for Windows... they only had 4.0 for Macintosh