OG Copies

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2006
If theres a thread like this let me know, but I always pick up older cds and wonder if they're the og copies, like that thread about the og season and the click and little bruce.....

i picked up the mail man SMG release no jive anyways does anyone know if that's og or not?

i also picked up eazy-duz it and straight outta compton...anyone know what the og's look like on those two?

it be nice to have a thread that lists all og copies of cds and tapes but thats a task im not even willing to take on...but maybe we can add to the list as shit comes in....alright im done rambling. peace

Apr 25, 2006
that's what i was thinkin everyone kinda add to it as things come up....make it a vital or sumthin.....

you got xxtra mannish for sale? I found one sealed and was thinking bout lettin it go but it doesnt seem like it's in demand....

May 1, 2009
Ya Im working on a list right now. Im moving so i figured why not doit when I have the chance. As I unpack ill add to my list. It wont be full ring code but it will be year label and part of the ring code. I have a ton to go thru but I am more than happy to help

DubbC415

Mickey Fallon
Sep 10, 2002
Tomato Alley
that's what i was thinkin everyone kinda add to it as things come up....make it a vital or sumthin.....

you got xxtra mannish for sale? I found one sealed and was thinking bout lettin it go but it doesnt seem like it's in demand....
yeah i do, used OG copy, and yeah demand for it seems slow right now

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com

There are 3 versions of the mailman. I have all 3. We all know that the Jive release with the extra track is a Re-Release, but there are 2 versions of the Sick Wid It/SMG release. I'll post pictures of the disc later. Both are done by Rainbow, so that doesn't matter when it comes to which is OG for this title.

I think that it's a good idea, but there are a lot of people who "Think" that a certain version are the OG, but they're wrong a lot of the time. I've had to educate a lot of people before and I'm sure that others have done so/educated the don't knows as well. There's not a full proof way to do this, because if somebody posts the wrong Artwork, Disc and etc. as being the OG and it isn't...It would take for that person to close his/her post. We all know that people aren't going to stay nor live on this website to do so. I've seen so many people pop up after years of being missing in action. I would suggest that one person should be in charge of making sure that he/she post the items. This way only that person can maintain the thread. This will also stop double, triple and quadruple posts. I've seen so many double posts in many threads. A lot of newbies and some not so newbies post things without checking/reading through the thread. I would really love a thread like this though. I have so many different versions of Click affiliated albums that it's ridiculous. For example I have a Click - Down & Dirty album that was made by Rainbow back when the Down & Dirty album first got pressed up, but it has the whole Mail Man album on it instead of Down & Dirty. Apparently the Mail Man album is older then we thought because it was pressed the whole album appear on that copy back when they first pressed Down & Dirty to Disc. I have so many weird and crazy albums, it'll blow your mind.

Apr 25, 2006
^^ yea it would def. be a task for this to be accomplished and im sure there would be conflict between what one person thinks is the og copy versus another.....thinking about it theres thousand of cd's out there that have been re-released so it would be an ongoing type of thing....I trusts the opinions of kats like you sincere or dj remarkable and someone else i cant think of rigt now...cause i've seen pics of youe collections and that's enough to know....imo

damn 3 copies tho huh...i knew about the re-release with the bonus tracks but interested in the previous 2, thats a trip about the click album tho....

Jul 7, 2005
www.mintunderground.com
HERE THEY GO!!!

OKAY, HERE ARE SOME SCANS OF THE CD'S THAT I WAS TELLING YOU GUYS ABOUT.

1.) 1ST PRESSING OF "E-40 - THE MAILMAN":

2.) 2ND PRESSING OF "E-40 - THE MAILMAN":

3.) RE-RELEASE/JIVE RECORDS VERSION OF "E-40 - THE MAILMAN":

4.) THE CLICK - DOWN AND DIRTY CD, BUT WITH THE MAIL MAIN TRACKS ON IT:

HERE'S A CLOSE UP OF THE DISC. THIS WAY YOU CAN SEE THAT IT IS A "THE CLICK - DOWN AND DIRTY" DISC, BUT WITH THE MUSIC OF "E-40 - THE MAILMAN":