**OFFICIAL 2010 NBA PLAYOFFS - SECOND ROUND THREAD**

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 18, 2003
No need to put up stats man...I already know you DO hate Lebron...if you feel the need to start off by saying "Not trying to hate on Lebron....."

You, REESE and a few others always feel the need to mention Lebron in your posts.
We mention LeBron in our posts (at least I do) because he and his team are the subject at hand. I usually dont reference him otherwise.

To be honest I dont hate LeBron, I'm just not very fond of his attitude. I really didn't know how to explain it but when I read an article this morning on yahoo! there was something in it that pretty much summed up my thoughts.

And yet, after Tuesday’s ferocious failure of his professional career, the encompassing embarrassment of a 120-88 Game 5 loss to the Boston Celtics, James dismissed his unthinkably poor performance with this colossal cop-out: “I spoil a lot of people with my play. When you have three bad games in seven years, it’s easy to point them out.
Full article here:

LeBron’s moment of truth awaits

By Adrian Wojnarowski, Yahoo! Sports
May 12, 4:05 am EDT

CLEVELAND – This isn’t important enough to LeBron James(notes). That’s the uncompromising, unconquerable truth. Everything has come too easy to him, and he still doesn’t believe that winning championships takes a consuming, obsessive desire that borders on the maniacal. He is chasing high school and college kids on recruiting trips for his fledgling marketing company, medicating his insecurities with unending and unfolding free-agent dramas.

James is chasing Warren Buffett and Jay-Z the way he should be chasing Russell and Jordan and Bryant. He wants CEOs to bow before him, engage him as though he is a contemporary on the frontlines of industry. Only, the truth of the matter is, he’s a singular talent who’s going to watch his playoff failures start to chip away at the thing that seems to matter most to him: his marketability and magnetism.

Most of all, James is forever selling something of himself – an ideal, an image, a possibility. Something nebulous, something promised. He’s chasing a global platform, the bright, blinking billion-dollar fortune, and he’s largely gotten the natural order of things backward.

Stop strutting, stop preening, stop stomping away as an ungracious winner, a sore loser, and win something, LeBron.

Win something now.

No more excuses. Not now, not after this biblical bottoming out that pushes the Cleveland Cavaliers to the brink of an unthinkable collapse. And yet, after Tuesday’s ferocious failure of his professional career, the encompassing embarrassment of a 120-88 Game 5 loss to the Boston Celtics, James dismissed his unthinkably poor performance with this colossal cop-out: “I spoil a lot of people with my play. When you have three bad games in seven years, it’s easy to point them out.”

Who is he to be indignant after he gave a playoff game away? What’s he ever won to be so smug to the masses? That’s what drives the Celtics crazy about James. Eventually, he will understand his greatness isn’t measured on the hit-and-runs through NBA cities across a long season. It’s measured now, in the teeth of the battle, when a tiny guard, Rajon Rondo(notes), has stolen his stage and nearly a series.

Somewhere, the whispers of the game’s greatest talents became a murmur louder and louder: James still doesn’t understand part of the price of greatness is inviting the burden on yourself and sparing those around you. He missed 11 of 14 shots. James didn’t score a basket until the third quarter. He was terrible, just terrible, and yet James couldn’t bring himself to say the worst home playoff loss in franchise history began and ended with him.

For all of James’ unselfishness on the floor, he can still be so selfish off it. They could’ve lined up the greatest players in the game’s history Tuesday night in the primes of their championship lives, and there isn’t one of them who would’ve deflected and deferred like the self-proclaimed King James. They would’ve been livid and they would’ve put it on themselves. Magic Johnson and Larry Bird. Michael Jordan and Kobe Bryant(notes). Tim Duncan(notes) and, yes, Shaquille O’Neal(notes).

They had titles, and they would’ve mutilated themselves for public consumption. James is too cool, too stubborn and maybe too self-unaware. This is on me, they would’ve told you, and, I’ll get us out of this. They would’ve made sure teammates and opponents, fans and enemies understood. They would’ve made sure the whole world understood: This isn’t how an MVP plays in the playoffs. This isn’t how he lets a legacy linger in limbo. What you heard out of James was self-righteous: “I put a lot of pressure on myself to go out and be great and the best player on the court. When I don’t, I feel bad for myself.”

This wasn’t the night to feel bad for himself. There’s been enough pity for him in this series. As much as anything these past two years, the Cavaliers have taken on James’ persona: Entitled, arrogant and expectant that the sheer divine right of his greatness will win them a ring. Only, the Celtics are proud, old champions arisen out of the rubble and on the brink of closing out the Cavaliers on Thursday night at the Boston Garden. No one saw this coming on Tuesday night, the surgical removal of the Cavaliers’ hearts surrounded with a stunned silence that devolved into the debris of boos.

Continued...

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
nobody giving boston credit for being the better team. cleveland didnt lose. boston beat them. into submission. how easy people forget the formula that got them a ring 2 years ago. when boston plays the defense they are capable of, nobody can stop them. not the lakers or the cavs. the magic are the only team that has a chance when boston is at their peak.

Jan 12, 2006
nobody giving boston credit for being the better team. cleveland didnt lose. boston beat them. into submission. how easy people forget the formula that got them a ring 2 years ago. when boston plays the defense they are capable of, nobody can stop them. not the lakers or the cavs. the magic are the only team that has a chance when boston is at their peak.
lol GTFO son! the lakers will shit on the celtics! dont get a head of yourself. you beat the cavs that dont win shit win it matters! yoiu guys will get beat by the lakers and magic in 5 or 6 games.

Mar 18, 2003
Why are you writing off the Lakers so easily? In your opinion, how do you figure the Lakers will not be able to hang with Boston? And how do you figure Orlando is more capable than the Lakers?

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Why are you writing off the Lakers so easily? In your opinion, how do you figure the Lakers will not be able to hang with Boston? And how do you figure Orlando is more capable than the Lakers?
because orlando matches up with boston much better. the lakers will get punked like they did in 08, and like the cavs just did.

its my opinion. i was right in 08 while you were claiming the fakeshow would win in 4 or 5 games.