off topic - skits

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 23, 2003
CODE said:
I just picked up the kanye west (which was a mistake and a waste of chips) and realized that I can't stand skits on cd's, I have NEVER heard a skit from any rap cd that was worth listening to.....rappers need to realize that they are not comedians and they are not funnny and should stick to making songs..it would save us all a lot of time...a couple of cd's that stick out to me on this matter, where these skits basically ruined the cd was UGK's dirty MOney and the kanye west..... just had to get that out....

Spoken....
I found this in another forum. Do you all agree with this? First off I agree that the Kanye West album is pure shit! Second it has way too many skits! Rappers are NOT comedians! I am glad that tech n9ne hasn't over loaded his albums with too many skits. The only skit I have ever heard that actually is really funny WAS one by tech where he tells this bitch when and when not to breathe.

"bitch breathe!"

Jan 12, 2003
I personally hate skits. They are a big waste of time, and I ALWAYS skip through them. Hell, if an artists doesnt even replace them w/ songs, I'd rather have them take them off. Its just a waste of their time and energy cause most people don't even give them a second chance.

shep

Sicc OG
Oct 2, 2002
some skits are funny... the skits on ugly duckling's cd "taste the flavor" are funny. most rappers need to leave them out though

Aug 19, 2002
www.myspace.com
I don't mind a couple or three on an album as long as they're fairly short. I really don't even care much how funny they are.

But, when they're in between every other song, it gets annoying. And wears out my track skip button.

Sep 16, 2002
ICP and TWIZTID's skits are fuckin hilarious like the one The Jerky Boys did for The Amazing Jeckle Bros cd.

I definately agree...ALOT of the skits on ALOT of rappers' albums SUCK!!!

another great skit I thought was funny was the ones on KURUPT's "Tha Streets Is a Mutha" album where they mimmick NO LIMIT on the radio and Kurupt goes:"ahh.. HELL NO!! TURN THAT SHIT OFF!!!" hahaha

also... the G-UNit "Automatic Gunfire" street album's JA RULE DUETS skits have to be the funniest skits ever cause it has a fake Ja-Rule saying shit like "Holla!!" over Nickleback,Pink,No Doubt, Michelle Branch and all these other pop artists...funny shit.

Nov 14, 2002
Ja Rule Duets, and all 3 or 4 parts of it are fuckin' genius. I actually burn them into my mix cd's cuz they're so good.

But I don't mind a skit here and there, but some of these things are like a min and a half and they're IN FRONT of the song so you can't even skip them.... (see 50 Cents Get Rich or Die Trying)

90% of rap artists skits:
"Yoyoyoyo... Pass me the blunt nigga!"

"Here motherfucker, damn"

"Oh (puff puff) there's the man right there. When I say (puff puff) go, we go, knowamsayin?"

"For real"

And somehow they stretch that out for about 4 minutes. Then two or three gunshots ring out and a beat kicks in.... Yay.

Jan 12, 2003
mizzouplaya said:
Nelly's are cool cause he has a comedian in em.....btw where is that Bitch Breathe from???
Its from Don Juan's cd "Its My ..............." I cant make out the last word cuz my comp cuts it off. Maybe "Its My Life" or something?

Aug 31, 2002
www.soundclick.com
Some cds skits make a good transition between songs...some cds, they are pointless, but some they help tell the story....PRINCE PAUL "A PRINCE AMONG THIEVES" is a perfect example of that, half the story is in the songs and the other half in skits...

jyeaya

Aug 8, 2002
www.techn9nehq.com
WTF? Yall didnt like the School Spirit skits on kanye's album?

Those are some of the funniest skits ever.

Skits have to be funny or meaningful to the song they preceed to be worth anything in my eyes.

"I'm gonna learn too. I'm gonna get super smart, so I too can die.....without money, but i'll be the smartest dead guy. Who has that?"

Aug 21, 2002
Skits suck 99.9% of the time, but Nick is right about Kanye Wests skit on his album, that shit is funny and it says alot... But.... But.... But..... Kanye has too many that are bunk, and that Bernie Mac one was used a few years too late in my opinion. If the skit is creative and not as long as 48 bars, or if it takes 45 seconds to get into a song, then that pisses me off...

SO.... WHO'S AT THE GRANADA THIS WEEKEND?.?.?.?.