Obama: "A More Perfect Union"

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 27, 2002
there is no fucking hope for this country if we pass on a candidate like obama...he is not your typical politician (but hilary sure as fuck is), and anybody who thinks differently is not paying attention...

he's been handling himself well despite all these bullshit attacks...

Aug 6, 2006
^^This is the ultimate test. Let's see where America stands and if we're ready to move on. I won't lie, this election has given me a new found respect for all people, especially white people. I was surprised that they were so anxious for unity, which really says more about me than this great country. Best speech I've ever heard live, btw.. Most patriotic and energized I've ever been in my adult life concerning politics. I feel the same as Michelle Obama, though not in her exact words.

Jun 27, 2005
The only thing I can knock him for is the way he kind of turned his back on his pastor who he says is like family to him. Instead of defending him for not saying anything wrong, extreme,divisive, radical or even unusual he borderline chastised him for it. He did say he can't disown him, but still...I understand this shit is politics though, but I still dont get why this is even an issue or why anybody thinks he said anything racist or "radical" especially when you consider that the bulk of the shit from that youtube clip was taken out of context and didn't show you that he was actually quoting someone else.

Feb 7, 2006
The only thing I can knock him for is the way he kind of turned his back on his pastor who he says is like family to him. Instead of defending him for not saying anything wrong, extreme,divisive, radical or even unusual he borderline chastised him for it. He did say he can't disown him, but still...I understand this shit is politics though, but I still dont get why this is even an issue or why anybody thinks he said anything racist or "radical" especially when you consider that the bulk of the shit from that youtube clip was taken out of context and didn't show you that he was actually quoting someone else.
cuz white people wanna be able to say you blacks are racist too, see... oh and they wanna fuck off obama.

Aug 6, 2006
^What really disturbs me is this Rev. Wright controversy, and the fact that if you go to youtube and type in "Farrakhan", the first thing that pops up is a propaganda video casting Obama, Wright, and Farrakhan within the same mold. It's extremely disheartening. Once it looks like the country has improved exponentially it becomes blatantly apparent that we still have blatant hate running rampant, specifically towards Blacks. If Obama loses this election due to his race and these phony attacks, then I don't know about us. As stated though, I guess we'll have to see.

Aug 6, 2006
^^Agreed.. It wouldn't bother me if I didn't think such doesn't affect a good percentage of people who care less about issues and more about controversy, be it out of context quotes on youtube or the rantings of Sean Hannity.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
^^Agreed.. It wouldn't bother me if I didn't think such doesn't affect a good percentage of people who care less about issues and more about controversy, be it out of context quotes on youtube or the rantings of Sean Hannity.
All I imagine when I see the types of videos on youtube (anti-black, anti-Mexican, etc.) is all the young dumb fucks who spend all day on myspace eating that shit up.

It's troubling that people don't read books anymore, instead form their opinions on videos they see on youtube and bulletins they read on myspace. And people who realize this take advantage by making racist videos, sending bias and incorrect messages to the youth and disguising it as "educational"...

Dec 25, 2003
If Obama loses this election due to his race and these phony attacks, then I don't know about us. As stated though, I guess we'll have to see.
I dont see the rev. Wright issue as a race-based attack, more of a 'anti-American' issue. Conservatives never want to let us blame anything on America, and dont want the people to question foreign or military policy.

Phony attacks and fake controversies are always engineered by FoxCo and the right wing machine around election time.

This same sort of thing would have been leveled at a white Democratic candidate.

May 13, 2002
montyslaw.blogspot.com
hahaha
yo.. if i was one to put a quote of a siccness head in my signature, that shit would definitely be in mine for a hot one
Forreal though, a lot of young kids go on to youtube and look at a video and pay more attention to that shit than they do in school. I'm very scared and all of you should be too, myspace and youtube are shaping our youths' minds. There is a lot of power given to the owners of myspace and youtube, and also a lot of power to people with video making ability who can use these sites as a medium to manipulate young minds using visual imagery, music, anything that they fucking want!

I'm trying to tell you guys, the media has a lot of power over people who don't realize that they are being manipulated subconsciously and on purpose. People are living in a fake world created in their own heads by TV, Newspapers, Magazines, etc., and this keeps people from realizing what's really going on in the world. It's a fake reality created for us and to keep us from revolting the bull shit they've had going since the beginning...

Sep 12, 2004
www.myspace.com
i learned how to do the crank that souljah boy dance.
haha... i must admit i went to the tube to see what the fuck niggas was talkin about when that song was still bubbling on SoundClick..

i think the greatest thing about youtube is how instantly it can crush someones existence.
i think of kramer anytime youtube comes up in a conversation. shit has become gospel though.
youtube, wikipedia & yahoo!answers = the holy trinity

Defy

Cannabis Connoisseur
Jan 23, 2006
Rich City
I was really touched by this speech.....he really reeled me in when he started talking about himself & how he is a direct product of america. how no other country could produce his multicolored family, because I feel that way everyday I look into the mirror or whenever I have a family gathering. ever since I was a child I was always confused by the "mark your race, choose only one" surveys that would always want me to disown a part of my family so that I could identify with another. I've heard my own family members of all races talk down on other races. I love the fact that he's trying to make this country better, not for blacks or for whites, but for americans as a whole. I know I'm young (so to speak) but I've never seen that in a politician. I was already an obama supporter, but that speech made me wanna grab stickers and t-shirts and all that other corny shit.