NW news in The Stranger....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 6, 2002
mp3.com
fuck that

"Disclaimer: This is the ONLY time you will EVER see any kind of "HATE" from Unexpected Arrival...."

Ahem,

Fuck the Stranger.....

all they ever do is shit on me....

never shown me any love....

I wouldnt care if they just didnt say anything, but all they say is BAD SHIT....

4 issues now they have taken shots @ me....

FUCK THE STRANGER!! They can kiss my commercial record making ass!!! They only show love to the backpack audience, they are on Oldominion's dick and dont show anyone else outside their camp any kind of love...(I DO think Oldominion is TIGHT and got no beef with them though, they are the homies)

Ill stick to the Seattle Times, The Seattle Post Intelligencer and The Seattle Weekly, who show love not only to me but to other artists as well....

Apr 25, 2002
Maybe they really don't like your shit & are being honest. You can't call everyone a "hater" just because they don't have anything nice to say about your music homie. If they really think you're wack then that ain't hating at all.

Some cats gonna love you, some cats gonna hate you. You need to embrace both. But if they really are straight up hating on you, that's a damn shame because thats one of the reasons why Seattle rap ain't going anywhere.

By the way, don't you have an album coming out this summer? If so, good luck with that. Same to anyone else putting out music right now. I'll applaud anyone who can get Seattle behind them!

May 6, 2002
mp3.com
Maybe they really don't like your shit & are being honest. You can't call everyone a "hater" just because they don't have anything nice to say about your music homie. If they really think you're wack then that ain't hating at all.

I would have no issues with them if they just said they didnt like my music, i understand everyone is entitled to their opinions. I get upset becuase most of the things they say about me arent even based on facts and that they obviously didnt even give my music a chance.

Two perfect examples:

When the shooting went down @ the ISPY...They mentioned mine and Cool Nuts name, in a situation where me and him werent even there....they had all their facts messed up and it made me look bad when my name should not have even been mentioned..

Another time, Charles Mudede was doing his usual negative talk about whatever he was talkin bout, and called me a "Gangster Rapper" now, I have NOTHING against gangster rap, but ANYONE who has heard my stuff knows that I am the farthest thing from a gangsta rapper...so it just showed that the dude didnt have his facts straight...had he said "UA is a mainstream type rapper who caters to the Kube93FM type audience, and I dont like that" @ that point, that is all fact, I cant be mad @ that...

I just get upset when dudes, #1 Dont have their facts straight, #2 Dont even LISTEN to the music before making an opinion.

I feel that if people were not so quick to make judgements, that alot of artists would be more succesful. Someone who may not like my "radio" type material may end up liking me for other reasons, like my live performance, or my album cuts.

Artists should not be judged on what is just on the radio. Thats why they record full albums. What if we only judged Sarkastik on one verse? Or Sonny Bonoho on his single? Or Dsane on just one beat? Your not gonna get all that that artist has to offer. More often than not, artists have something for everyone.

But, @ the end of the day, if someone dont like my music, im not mad @ that...all Im saying is give it a chance, dont like the album? Give me a chance @ one of my shows. Dont like my live performance? Well, then im shit out of luck haha!!

HOLLLLLLLAAAAAAAAAA

Apr 25, 2002
I understand how you feel. It's real important to realize though that nobody owes 'you' a chance. If someone wants to judge you based on one verse, they have every right to do so. I see cats on here all the time posting about how artists deserve this & that. Deserve is when someone owes you a debt and that is the one thing that is never true of a recording artist. Listeners are never in your debt!

While I wish more people were open-minded and willing to give others creative works a chance to shine, I understand completely that nobody is obligated to do so. I accept that and I'm not mad about it.

About The Stranger hating on you. It sounds like somebody over there just doesn't like you for some reason but you know what... No matter who you are, how big or small, people will always act like that. That's the bad news.... The good news is that people get tired of hearing others talk shit all the time. Just keep doing your music and fuck what The Stranger is talkin' about.. Seattle is about the worst city in the country to try to come out of (especially for rap) but it will eventually happen and when it does, the cat it happens to will have definately earned the spotlight.

Good luck with your project and congratulations on the success & support you've had so far.