NJPW to america

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 24, 2002
First show is tonight.

1. Homicide & Low Ki beat Jushin Thunder Liger & Tiger Mask () when Ki used the Ki Crusher on Tiger.
2. Satoshi Kojima beat Kenny Omega () with a lariat.
3. Giant Bernard, Karl Anderson, Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi beat Shinsuke Nakamura, Davey Richards, Jado & Gedo () when Devitt used the Bloody Sunday on Jado.
4. IWGP Intercontinental Title Tournament – Round 1: Yujiro Takahashi beat Hideo Saito (Mitsuhide Hirasawa) () by pinfall.
5. IWGP Intercontinental Title Tournament – Round 1: Tetsuya Naito beat Josh Daniels () with a Stardust press.
6. IWGP Intercontinental Title Tournament – Round 1: Toru Yano beat Dan Maff () by pinfall.
7. IWGP Intercontinental Title Tournament – Round 1: MVP beat Kazuchika Okada () with the TTB.
8. Rhino & Charlie Haas beat Hiroshi Tanahashi & Togi Makabe () when Rhino used the Gore on Makabe.

Dec 17, 2004
hmm...that might be kinda cool. never really watched japanese wrestling, but im a fan of good wrestling. those videos are kinda weird, mainly from the weird video game like music, but looks like it might be some solid wrestling. think i'll go tonight. if only tajiri would be there, that'd be the shit. he hasnt died yet has he? didnt accidently drink too much of that green shit he used to spit?

thanks for the heads up!

if they serve beer and ramen at this event ill shit my pants in euphoric joy!!

im going to predict now that there will be 500 nerds and -2 girls at this show. should be interesting

May 24, 2002
Here is tonights card.

NJPW, 5/14/11
New York Basketball City, USA

1. Josh Daniels vs. Kenny Omega
2. Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Dan Maff vs. Shinsuke Nakamura, Jado & Gedo
3. Giant Bernard & Karl Anderson vs. Satoshi Kojima & Hideo Saito
4. Togi Makabe, Ryusuke Taguchi & Kazuchika Okada vs. Rhino, Davey Richards & Homicide
5. IWGP Intercontinental Title Tournament – Semi Final: Yujiro Takahashi vs. Tetsuya Naito
6. IWGP Intercontinental Title Tournament – Semi Final: Toru Yano vs. MVP
7. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Prince Devitt (c) vs. Low Ki
8. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) vs. Charlie Haas

WInners:

1. Kenny Omega beat Josh Daniels () with the Croyt’s Wrath.
2. Jushin Thunder Liger, Tiger Mask & Dan Maff beat Shinsuke Nakamura, Jado & Gedo () when Tiger used a Tiger suplex hold on Gedo.
3. Giant Bernard & Karl Anderson beat Satoshi Kojima & Hideo Saito () when Bernard used the Bernard Driver on Saito.
4. Rhino, Davey Richards & Homicide beat Togi Makabe, Ryusuke Taguchi & Kazuchika Okada () when Rhino used the Gore on Okada.
5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Title: Prince Devitt (c) beat Low Ki () with the Bloody Sunday (7th defense).
6. IWGP Intercontinental Title Tournament – Semi Final: Toru Yano beat Yujiro Takahashi () with the Oni Koroshi.
7. IWGP Intercontinental Title Tournament – Semi Final: MVP beat Tetsuya Naito () with the TTB.
8. IWGP Heavyweight Title: Hiroshi Tanahashi (c) beat Charlie Haas () with the High Fly Flow (4th defense).

May 24, 2002
WOOT!!!!

Philly show tonight!

Ill be front row :cool:

NJ drew a legit 1,000 last night witch is pretty good for working with a US indy company and having no real huge following in the US

as usual New Japan(all jap wrestling companies for that matter) exaggerated the attendance number saying 2,500+ LOL

May 24, 2002
TONIGHTS CARD!

This is going to be awesome! im so hyped right now

My vote goes to MVP winning the title just based on how New Japan is pushing him so hard. Yano is an upper mid carder and they could put the belt on him but it wont do anything because Yano will always be Yano.

NJPW, 5/15/11
Philadelphia Asylum Arena, USA

1. Tetsuya Naito vs. Hideo Saito
2. Shinsuke Nakamura, Yujiro Takahashi, Jado & Gedo vs. Charlie Haas, Tiger Mask, Kazuchika Okada & Josh Daniels
3. JAPW Light Heavyweight Title: Jushin Thunder Liger (c) vs. Kenny Omega
4. Satoshi Kojima & Dan Maff vs. Giant Bernard & Karl Anderson
5. IWGP Jr. Heavyweight Tag Team Title: Prince Devitt & Ryusuke Taguchi (c) vs. Homicide & Low Ki
6. Hiroshi Tanahashi vs. Davey Richards
7. IWGP Intercontinental Title Tournament - Final: Toru Yano vs. MVP
8. South Philadelphia Street Fight: Togi Makabe vs. Rhino

Dec 17, 2004
i went last night to the show in the lower east side. im glad i went. it was a cool little experience but i wasnt impressed by the wrestling at all really.

dudes did nothing special. they could work, but their matches were no more impressive than shit on wwe. and they didnt even come close to some of the shit on old school ecw or wcw cruiser weight bouts. maybe i just expected too much.

the crowd was a trip. it was like 1/3 grimy hardcore vintage ecw type fans, 1/3 more mainstream looking like theyre going out to a club type folks, and 1/3 japanese families

highlight of the night was prince devitt vs low ki. only really impressive match all night, but it was off the hook. midway through got a loud and well deserved "this is awesome!!!" chant...and at the end a long "that was awesome!!!" chant

thanks again for the heads up

May 24, 2002
just got back from the show...

Best show out of the 3. everyone was hyped for the card. The devitt tag was the only match that people seemed to not really be that in to.

MVP won the belt and he walked around ring side with it.... for whatever reason I decided to slap the shit out of the belt....im still pretty drunk.

LIGER AND OMEGA!!!!!!!!!

May 24, 2002
Yano vs MVP

everyone needs to see this match.

Yanos heel work was amazing. he had everyone hating him. He heeled it up like a mofo. Any WRESTLING fan will appreciate this match.

The start of the match had Yano cut a promo.... no one really could understand his engRish.. only thing I could make out was FUCK JERSEY! I assume he still thought he was in New Jersey