Night Shot

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jan 5, 2006
I took some night shots earlier, and this is the only one that came out good.. im still very new to DSLRs and getting used to the whole manual control stuff. Took this pic with the Aperture command and 200 ISO with a Nikon D40. Oh Yeah and this photo is all natural no photoshop or lightroom or any touch ups.

Anyone have any tips, feedback?

I'm trying to learn night shots right now, anyone have any good tips? im getting a tripod soon maybe another lens and a speedlight. Thanks for any advice or feedback.

Jan 5, 2006
thanks, im trying to achieve a more sharper look, i could photoshop it.. but that doesnt really help.. might have to get those tamron lenses later down the line.

Jun 25, 2005
Wait you took this without a tripod? Thats pretty damn good. You wont need a speedlite for night shots if theyre city or landscape. Things I would play around with would be shutter speed, exposure and white balance

Jan 5, 2006
Thanks for the feedback folks, yeah i didnt use a tripod and i still think the picture didnt come out as sharp as i was expecting. Ill be posting more pics on here as I progress.