Nick Swardson: Seriously, Who Farted?

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

L.D.S.

The Bakersman
Aug 14, 2006
Mizzourah
How you gonna say he's funny, then say his stand up game is lacking? The thousands of dollars lining his pockets while you say he's not that good say otherwise.

Unless you're the fucking master of telling jokes on stage and have thousands of fans, I probably wouldn't criticize him based on my own personal opinion of what's funny in relation to grammar, diction, and physicality.

You just sounded like a dumbass saying his stand up isn't any good when he came out of pubs and comedy clubs as the roots to his success.

No disrespect, but humor is subjective to the person hearing it. There's no mold for being a good comedian.

I can't stand Norm MacDonald's lazy approach to comedy, but people fucking love the guy. It doesn't mean he's lacking in any areas as a performer, just for my own personal taste.

May 2, 2002
I dont recall Nick doing the bomb thing, but who knows you could be right. I Googled "Nick Swardson stealing jokes" and nothing came up...not that it is the end all of the conversation.
yeah, I googled it too and didnt find anything which kinda surprised me because they're both pretty well known now. but the swardson bit I was referring to was a half hour show on comedy central. and there was at least 1 other joke in that show that was similar to a paul tompkins joke.. plus, tompkins delivers it much better. not saying swardson isnt funny...

Oct 30, 2006
How you gonna say he's funny, then say his stand up game is lacking? The thousands of dollars lining his pockets while you say he's not that good say otherwise.

Unless you're the fucking master of telling jokes on stage and have thousands of fans, I probably wouldn't criticize him based on my own personal opinion of what's funny in relation to grammar, diction, and physicality.

You just sounded like a dumbass saying his stand up isn't any good when he came out of pubs and comedy clubs as the roots to his success.

No disrespect, but humor is subjective to the person hearing it. There's no mold for being a good comedian.

I can't stand Norm MacDonald's lazy approach to comedy, but people fucking love the guy. It doesn't mean he's lacking in any areas as a performer, just for my own personal taste.
I guess? I was just stating an opinion and if I'm going to be shit all over for it, then whatever. If you wouldn't jump to conclusions and act like I was being a know it all, then you're mistaken.

I was actually just talking about me preferring him in movie roles. I thought that he singlehandedly stole the show in both Benchwarmers and Grandma's Boy.

This isn't to say that I don't think his standup is funny but just saying that I prefer him in his acting roles because he's a very funny actor as well as a comedian. Excuse me for insulting your best friend Nick Swardson but I'm just stating an opinion.

May 17, 2004
yeah, I googled it too and didnt find anything which kinda surprised me because they're both pretty well known now. but the swardson bit I was referring to was a half hour show on comedy central. and there was at least 1 other joke in that show that was similar to a paul tompkins joke.. plus, tompkins delivers it much better. not saying swardson isnt funny...
how do you know tompkins didnt steal it from him though?