Nick Diaz

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 27, 2009

(^^Only gif I could find)

Everyone likes to talk shit about Nick because he talks so much shit about everyone, but dude is sicc. This dude is out there doing triathlons and marathons in the middle of his training like it's nothing. Even though his punches don't look like they do shit, my guess is that after you get hit by the hundredth one you're starting to feel it a little bit. Then he starts working the body.

I'd bet he could avoid 80% of the damage he normally takes just by stopping the taunting and hanging his chin out there looking for a counter.

UFC needs to sign his ass. I wonder how many fights he has left on his current contract.

Feb 12, 2004
Well the same people that test for Strikeforce are the same people that test for the UFC so he should be fine now. and hell yeah bring Nick back. Dude has always been one of my favorite fighters.

Apr 25, 2002
I like Nick in Strikeforce. I dont want him back in UFC at this point. Sure he deserves to be back in there but the fighters they got in Strikeforce and in Japan suits his fighting style better. UFC has way too many strong wrestlers that will just lay n pray on him for a cheap win. Hes getting older so Id like to see him continue to fight between 178lb - 185lbs....

Jan 18, 2006
I like Nick in Strikeforce. I dont want him back in UFC at this point. Sure he deserves to be back in there but the fighters they got in Strikeforce and in Japan suits his fighting style better. UFC has way too many strong wrestlers that will just lay n pray on him for a cheap win. Hes getting older so Id like to see him continue to fight between 178lb - 185lbs....
I like Nick Diaz but you gotta beat all types of fighters to be the best and Strikeforce doesnt have best of fighters in that weight class imo.

Apr 25, 2002
25 but hes been doing it for quite sometime. At the rate he fights I dont think his body will be able to take another 5 - 7yrs (at most) with how mma is developing. He's truely becoming a big dog in the sport and everyones gonna want to fight him and take him out.

Id like to see Riggs vs Diaz II. Riggs showed hes a factor when hes 100% focused. Seeing him against Phil Baroni was a thing of beauty. Thats got fight of the year written all over.

Diaz is my boy n all I have the upmost respect. But damn he got up on Scott Smith and disrespected my camp im close to....

I believe in Strikeforces product and how they are starting to make catch weight fights, add all of afflictions roster and bring in a few more talent and they gonna have more competition for a fighter like Diaz.

Jan 5, 2006
25 but hes been doing it for quite sometime. At the rate he fights I dont think his body will be able to take another 5 - 7yrs (at most) with how mma is developing. He's truely becoming a big dog in the sport and everyones gonna want to fight him and take him out.

Id like to see Riggs vs Diaz II. Riggs showed hes a factor when hes 100% focused. Seeing him against Phil Baroni was a thing of beauty. Thats got fight of the year written all over.

Diaz is my boy n all I have the upmost respect. But damn he got up on Scott Smith and disrespected my camp im close to....

I believe in Strikeforces product and how they are starting to make catch weight fights, add all of afflictions roster and bring in a few more talent and they gonna have more competition for a fighter like Diaz.
lol he stays running marathons and shit, he has another 7-10 years IMO. Him and his brother have some good jiu jitsu too, i forgot if it was nick or nate who got his blackbelt just a few years ago.

Apr 25, 2002
The thing with Nick is, dude is the most respectful cat. He is not on some "I am above everyone" type shit. Dude invited me and my bro-in-law out to his pride fight against that one Japan dude in Vegas just cuz my bro-in-law sold him some bicycling gear for his triatholon. I see him damn near every weekend at the bar here in Stockton (not drinking) and he is always cool as fuck and down to earth.

But when it comes to fighting, dude doesnt want to cupcake. Can you blame him? Dude will fight whoever, winever, however. And I got my money on him all day.

If UFC has wrestlers, I think that works to his advantage. Nicks jui-jitsu is world class. My guess is he'd rather go to the ground than stand up. But his stand up is getting exponentially better.

Nate is a savage too. He is not as easy going as Nick tho, lol.........

May 27, 2009
Joe Rogan said:
Looking at what Nick Diaz did against Scott Smith, I think you've got to consider him too. I think he's top 10. He treated Frank Shamrock like an amateur and granted Frank was injured but he showed such technical ability against Frank and Scott Smith. He's not even 30 years old. I've talked to guys who say he'll run 10 miles in the morning, then swim 10 miles, he's so well conditioned. He's got that energy efficient style. The way he devastated Scott Smith really impressed me. Especially after the submission win over (Takanori) Gomi, I think you've got to consider him as one of the best.
http://www.cbssports.com/mma/story/11882047 (almost at the bottom of the interview)

A good interview with Joe Rogan at CBS Sports. The whole "UFC Retrospective Series" that they're doing is pretty solid.

Joe Rogan is the shit by the way.

-edit-
Diaz / Smith fight
http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Scott_Smith_vs_Nick_Diaz_Strikeforce?vid=10005219&tid=100

Diaz / Shamrock
http://www.mma-core.com/videos/_Frank_Shamrock_vs_Nick_Diaz_Strikeforce?vid=10004433&tid=100