NHL

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 27, 2002
www.google.com
It's back this season. It seems like everyone who used to watch it still does, and everyone who never did still doesn't. So which are you? Do you watch hockey or not? If you do what's your favorite team?

May 6, 2002
Anaheim & Toronto

I follow hockey, but not fanatically.
I'll watch a game if it's on and my team is playing, but I won't set time aside just to watch a game unless it has real meaning.

Apr 20, 2005
I used to watch the penguins a tiny lil bit, but i really only like the fights, i dunno i jus cant get into it and ive tried

Jun 18, 2004
I work in Bay Area sports, and it's huge that the NHL is back, because that means more work. I'm downwith the Sharks...never really had a preference, although I was down with the Oilers when I was young...go figure...the great one, Messier, etc. But to anyone who has only seen games on TV, I would tell you to see a live game...because it is truly a game that cannot be captured through TV.

Nov 1, 2004
Tru dat! Live hockey games are way better than on TV!

Sharks need to reperesent this year and go far in the playoffs like the last year they played.

caff

Sicc OG
May 10, 2002
l.a kings is my team....

the hockey season should be exited this year with some rules changes. that overtime rule im feeling it, after the 5 min ot if no team scores there will be a shootout..

Jan 2, 2004
I used to watch hockey way back in the day, like 95-99.. was a Wings fan.. But, I can't stand it anymore.. It's so bad to watch on TV. Live Games will always be awesome.. But, Hockey is just terrible on normal television.

May 15, 2002
I've been a hockey fan all my life so i'm happy the nhl is back. but i don't like some of the rule changes, especially the overtime thing. i enjoyed watching a close game end in a tie, but apparently most americans can't have that: there must be a winner and a loser.

but anyway, penguins and maple leafs are my teams as usual and to those who've never been to a hockey game and are interested, GO! one of the fastest games you'll ever see.

btw, does anyone know wassup with those lines behind the net that form kinda like a trapezoid?

May 27, 2002
www.google.com
Yeah, live hockey is 100x better than watching it on tv. The camera is usually too far from the action so you can't see shit. And when you're at the game you get caught up in it and it's a totally different atmosphere.

I have nothing against the shootout at the end of a tied game. Either way the game is still close, and still competitive and still interesting. You just get more for the same price since you get to see players display their one-on-one abilities as well.

I hope the sharks will do well this year and I'm glad they got that win 7-6. I can't wait for their home opener.

THe trapezoid behind the goalies net is part of the new rules. The goalie may only touch the puck behind the net in that trapezoid. If he goes behind the goal and out of the trapezoid he will recieve a 2 minute penalty for delay of game.