new Scarface album...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
JAY Z IS BUSTIN ON THAT SONG HOMIE! BUT I FEEL YOU ON THE NAS SONG. IT WAS LACKING IN LENGTH AND A LITTLE BETTER BEAT BUT HIS SPIT WAS SPECTACULAR

May 8, 2002
Tim said:
I like both the Nas and Jay-Z songs.
That's what I'm sayin I actually like the Nas track beter than the Jay-Z one. All in all a great album this one is gonna be in my CD rotaion 4 a while:classic: .

May 2, 2002
www.mistamc.tk
Scarface - The Fix

Reviewed By Mista MC

Rating - 3 out of 5

1. Very Nice Singin On this intro, most intros I've heard are boring and just a waste of space and time, but make sure you don't miss this one, it's a very nice start to this hopefully Classic Return Scarface Album.

2. A Very tight song by the man himself. He's off Rap-A-Lot but is still doing his damn thang, and holding it down like he always does. Very nice lyrics on this song, not your average lyrics, more deep, and this track is very laid back.

3. Nice lyrics on this song, the beat isn't anything special, could have been much better, but for all you huge Scarface and Geto Boys fans, this song won't disappoint you at all.

4. Well at first when this song started it sound like something Jay-Z would rock, and the first voice on it is of him, Jay-Z. It's a pretty rockin beat, but nothin that would really stick out. On this track Jay-Z talks for a bit on the start of this song. Pretty tight voice he lays on it, first time I noticed him not just laying down only one vocals this time he has Two. Scarface is on the second verse, only bad thing about this is song is it's more of a Jay-Z beat and not a Scarface beat, so Scarface does rock it in the way Jay did, but it's still pretty tight, but his verse seems kinda rushed. Beanie Sigel gets the third verse, but he stays off beat on his whole damn verse besides the last word on his whole verse pretty good song if it was on a Jay-Z album, not a Scarface album.

5. This is a hot melody, head nod track, about what else but, Scarfaces Block. Nothin to special on the verse, it's somewhat tight, but it's nothin that would stick out, and dosen't seem like it was really made with Scarface vocals and lyrics in mind.

6. Once again, this beat dosen't seem like it was made with Scarface in mind, it seems a bit to commercial I know that's where the so called (rap) music game is heading, but when I think of Scarface I think of somewhat hardcore, with amazing lyrics over awesome Mike Dean beats.

7. A Very, Very tight track. I thought it was gonna be wack sence Kelly Price was on it, but the beat is awesome, and when it drops it seems like somewhat of a part two verse of "I Never Seen A Man Cry". Nothin but heat on this song. The chorus is awesome also, not the greatest sence I could tell Kelly Price wasn't trying her hardest, but it's still very tight.

8. Hmm, this is weird, Jay-Z and Nas hate each other, but Scarface got Nas and Jay-Z on the same city. I'm not a big fan of Nas and this song won't change my mind what-so-ever about him. Everything he does to me sounds the same, just in different words, same vocal tone, no change at all with his emotions. Even though Nas couldn't rock this beat, Scarface does a good job on it, but nothin I'd really like to listen over and over again to.

9. I don't know what it is, but does Scarface pick the fattest girls to sing his choruses. Faith Evans sings the hook on this song, and seems kinda wack, ain't the worse, but then again it ain't that good. OK, Holy Shit this is the first damn time I can say this, but Scarface vocals sound like Hammer on his laid back tracks, NEXT !!!

10. A Song that is titled "Sell Out" but in half of the song he's on topic, but then slides off topic, Nothin to special about this song, nothin I'd play over and over again. The flow on this is pretty good, but the beat is just a str8 up loop.

11. Another track full of emotions. I like this track just don't like how the beat was programed. The vocals and lyrics on this song are very nice, and the chorus is pretty damn hot which is sang by Kelly Price. The lyrics are about Heaven and shows the other side of Scarface which is also very tight by him. This beat switches up in the middle and is brought in with a hot Timberland beat.

12. You know this song, if you don't know this song, you probably haven't been listening to rap music that long. This is a remake of "I ain't the one" By NWA's Ice Cube. It's pretty tight beat wise but the verse could have been on beat a little more, and if it was it would have came out alot tighter. WC gets the second verse, it's a pretty tight damn verse and it's on beat the whole time, nothin but heat on this song by WC.

13. We all know Scarface, on most of his albums, he has a intro, and he has a outro which is sometimes like the Intro, this outro is pretty hot, but not as good as his old outros.

Overall I must say this album could have been much better, wasn't the worse, but it sure wasn't the tightest. We all know the work Scarface does, and we all love it, but this one might have you wondering what went wrong in the process of this album, and what was there mine focus on releasing these songs. I was pretty suprised Ludacris wasn't on it sence this album was released on Scarface's new label, Def Jam South. I was expecting this albums protection to be hot like the production Ludacris gets. Without help from Rap-A-Lot's Mike Dean, this left me wondering was it the beats, or was it Scarface. In the end for all you hardcore Scarface fans, you gotta pick it up, but don't rush over there doing 90 on the highway thinking this is gonna be the dopest album of a artist who left the rap game, and came back. I really didn't see any direction this album was heading like I did on his last couple albums, which were all classics.

MC

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
sorry dog but these are the best beats face has had in YEARS. what the fuck do you know about old geto boys and scarface. you were probably in diapers when they first came out.