new ns-10

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

GHP

Sicc OG
Jul 21, 2002
the only reason the NS-10 is considered "industry standard" is because when they were made they gave hella sets of them to like every major recording studio in the country. If you actually gave those things a listen youd find thay have a piercing mid range that will slice your throat, they aren't that good at all. The frequency responce chart on those things aren't balanced at all, IMO those speakers really suck.

This is a matter of personal opinion but some of my favorite monitors are the Tannoy reveals, Event TR8s, and a 10 inch genelec that i can't remember the name of. It all depends on what kind of music you are mixing and what frequency ranges you are looking to monitor. If you are interested in the NS-10 yamaha is currently making a new line of speaker that were modeled off of them, 2 reasons they don't make the NS10 anymore 1 they gave away a set to almost every commercial recording studio kiling their market and the PAPER yes PAPER the cone is made out of is now an endangered tree and they couldn't manufacture them anymore. thats at least what i heard.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
IMHO, the original ns-10s are the worse sounding speakers I have ever mixed on. The sounds coming out of those speakers damn near had me ready to lay hands on an engineer at another studio, and thats real chop.

Top companies seem to be JBL, MACKIE, EVENT, GENELEC and TANNOY. I don't believe industry standard monitors exist because I see different pairs in every studio.