need a quick opinion on a cover

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
www.flagshiprecords.de
whaddup!

i usually don't post in this forum but my boy and me are releasing a mixtape and i wanna hear some opinions on the cover art. it's pretty basic...
please keep in mind that this is meant for a hiphop crowd. the flashy westcoast cover style doesn't sell tapes in germany. so please look at it from the point of view of the backpacking crowd.

thanks

Apr 25, 2002
the cover is pretty coo, i like the sillouette... but it dont seem like it's targeted at the backpack hip hop heads with that features list...you need to get some living legends/mystik journeymen, hieroglyphics, atmosphere, and some def jux shit in there

May 10, 2002
www.flagshiprecords.de
you're right! the tape is a westcoast/south tape with mostly gangsta shit on it. we are putting it out to expose people out here in germany to all the dope shit coming from places other than new york. but since peeps here aren't used to the pen & pixel style covers we need to get a more plain and "hip hop" look.
personally i don't like these distinctions that much in the first place. that's why we like to open peoples' minds and show them that there is dope shit on every coast and in every style. but we still gotta sell the shit...

thanks a lot for your opinion.

Oct 10, 2002
skichdesigns.com
A lil bit tooooooo plain for what kind of cover it is and the feature artist.....I was leaning towards a rock band kind of sound......Its a nice design but I dont think it fits its theme....

May 10, 2002
www.flagshiprecords.de
thanks for the input!!

@evil wayz: yeah that's not the print version. the actual cover has a higher resolution.

@SPORADIC: i feel you on not fitting the theme of the tape. on the other hand the cover represents exactly the feeling i had while recording the mix because my boys and me would just hang out all day in the studio and then ride around town at night while listening to what we recorded during the day. LOL nice change from going to university..... anyways thats us and the beamer 5 series on tha cover so the picture represents what the tape is made for. just something "to roll to". that's what the title means...
but i feel you, since normally you would expect a photo doctor style cover or something more gangsta, right?

@locahontas: wie geht es dir? haven't heard from you in a while. well... i haven't hollered either since i'm still in thailand studying.