need a computer

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
ok, im sellin my mo phatt and my current pc for a grand total of 750. so that puts my total budget at around a gee. i would like to get an athlon system with at least 512 mb of ram. i already have a soundcard so that is not an issue. MAC IS NOT AN OPTION, PC IS MY ONLY CHOICE RIGHT NOW. so are there any compatability issues i should know about with the amd pc's? is 1000 bones gonna get me a decent pc ? i dont need all that video game graphics shit and all that, just a stripped down workhorse to do my music on (and to get my siccness fix once or twice a day :) ) I want to be able to use REASON without a hitch!! no bleeps, crackles like i do now.

any recommendations?

are the dealers on pricewatch.com reputable??

or should i go to my neighborhood computer store???

HELP!!!!

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
Hold up tiger......you're sellin' a Mo Phatt? Hit me on the e-mail.......

[email protected]

The dealers on Pricewatch are VERY reputable. I have made ALL of my online purchases through them and have NEVER had a problem with any of them. I have custom built 2 computers with parts purchased through them.....and like I said....never had a problem.

Stay away from your local computer store.....they're gonna stick it to ya....with no vaseline.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
ok then, i have no experience "building" computers, but i am fairly mechanically adept or whatever you call it. is it something i could do my self? or should i stick with one of the pre built models. i seen some of them systems for like 500 loaded up. seems phony.

thanks d

you will receive mail shortly in regards to the mo phatt

Mr. D-Sane

Sicc OG, muthafucka
Apr 25, 2002
Seattle
www.streetlevelrecords.com
phil said:
ok then, i have no experience "building" computers, but i am fairly mechanically adept or whatever you call it. is it something i could do my self? or should i stick with one of the pre built models. i seen some of them systems for like 500 loaded up. seems phony.

thanks d

you will receive mail shortly in regards to the mo phatt
The only thing with those $300-500 sytems is that most of the parts are generic. If you want the good shit.....you're gonna have to pay for it.....no way around it. You've heard the expression "you get what you pay for"? Most of the time it's true.

A good person to talk to about this would be Heresy.....he is more knowledgable in what works these days as far as PC's go. I have an all SCSI system in my studio.......Heresy says they have IDE shit that is comparable in performance nowadays......and I would imagine is much cheaper as well. I spent at least $2,000 on my system.....if not more. But you should be able to get a real decent set-up for around $1,000......you may just need somebody to throw it all together for you!

Tim

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
You can get a pretty good computer for $1000. For $1500 you could get a great one. If you build it your self though you could save a lot of money. You might want to checc out a site like www.tigerdirect.com They have some good priced shit.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
i would love to have a mac but situations as they are dont allow me to download enough software to feed my free app greed!

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
amd had a floater issue with its lower models (my amd is a lower model) the new ones have fixed this problem. i see A LOT of good prices on pricewatch.com

certain chipsets you want. while others you want to stay away from. what os do you plan on running and what type of sound card do you plan on using? you will want to disable onboard sound (if it comes with your mobo). what type of tower do you think you need and what type of heatsink fan have you looked into (you want the fan to be QUIET!!!!!!)?

$1000 can get you a NICE amd mobo/chipset combo with 512 mb of ddr ram, a 40-80 gig 7200 rpm hard drive, a tower with a 300 or 400 watt power supply. do you need a monitor,keyboard,mouse etc etc etc??????

i priced a duron mobo/chipset combo that was 1.1ghz,a 300 watt tower and ddr ram (512) and it came up to $286.78 with tax and shipping. the local computer guy told me he can do it for $600 and that was just for the mobo/chipset...............

heresy

go to pricewatch and check out the amds. get a list of the chipsets and post em.

RevoL

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
buy it from ebay so you can get jacked for a g like 2 of my folks...one for a sick ass pc and the other for a roland mc505...