NBA for PS3

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 10, 2002
Here's a freebee - *Double Cross*

Take Kobe or Rondo...

Like last year, from a stand still, tap the turbo button (Right trigger on 360, one of the shoulder buttons on PS3)

He'll do a standing cross/stepback, the defender will react, before the crossover animation is done push the movement stick (Left Stick) either towards the basket -OR- back in the original direction of what hand the move started from. So if he crossed from right to left, push the stick back towards his right hand. When you time it right, the defender will move forward at the same time you launch into your drive towards the basket.

Some defenders will recover quicker than others though, so you won't ALWAYS blow by them.

Keep in mind that stepback dribbles and double crosses are the key this year

Dec 29, 2006
I just got the demo of 2k9 last night. I Like the few tweaks that they made. Like how you can position yourself when initiating lock-on d. One of the weird things is, why do the players look like they gained weight? they got slower too..

btw. i like how they fix the lead pass, they were abusing it online!

May 10, 2002
#1 The body proportions are more realistic than last year. Go back and look at 2K8 and the players look like bobble heads.

#2 The jerseys hang off of the players differently than last year. Maybe that's what you're seeing

Jun 27, 2005
Here's a freebee - *Double Cross*

Take Kobe or Rondo...

Like last year, from a stand still, tap the turbo button (Right trigger on 360, one of the shoulder buttons on PS3)

He'll do a standing cross/stepback, the defender will react, before the crossover animation is done push the movement stick (Left Stick) either towards the basket -OR- back in the original direction of what hand the move started from. So if he crossed from right to left, push the stick back towards his right hand. When you time it right, the defender will move forward at the same time you launch into your drive towards the basket.

Some defenders will recover quicker than others though, so you won't ALWAYS blow by them.

Keep in mind that stepback dribbles and double crosses are the key this year
Sounds like Brandon Roy!

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
downloaded the demo shits dope it has smoother game play then last year better passing also they changed the free throws to the stick in stead of moving the controller i swear i could never get that shit down good one game i would be good at free throws the next i couldnt make shit but swooping this first thing tomorrow mourning