My Review Of C-Bo - West Coast Mafia

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
At first I thought this was a solid 5 of 5 album, but after a few listens I changed my mind to a 4 of 5. This album is like a solo/compilation because C-Bo is on every track, but there are a ton of features. There is one recycled track and there is a track with some recycled verses. Other than that I havne't heard any of this material before. Here's the review:

1) "WC" (intro) Spade, Crash

Just a little intro to the album.

2) "Milk & Honey" C-Bo

The first of 4 C-Bo solo tracks. A good beat and nice production by Pizzo. C-Bo hits the mic with his hard nosed lyrics. A medium paced track that fits C-Bo's style perfectly. A sweet track overall. A good start to the album.

3) "We Did It" C-Bo, Spade, Bobby Sealz

A knoccin track right here. Wino handles the production for this one and does a great job. C-Bo and Spade have good verses, but I'm not feeling Bobby Sealz at all. The beat and production make up for it though and the whole tracks just knoccs all the way through. It gets your head moving, I'm feeling it.

4) "So Much Chedda" C-Bo, Killa Tay

Another knoccer from Pizzo. The beat gets your head going and C-Bo and Killa Tay rip up the mic. C-Bo's verse is recycled, but it doesn't matter because he's got some tight flows on this track. Killa Tay has a hard ass verse as well. A tight track overall, C-Bo and Killa Tay make a good duo.

5) "West Coast Mafia Gang" Phats Bossi, Max Julian, H60dsta Rob, C-Bo, Speedy, Cool Nutz

Nice production by Bosko, but it doesn't really get my head moving. Good verses, but I'm really feeling C-Bo, Phats Bossi and Cool Nutz the most, although everyone comes clean. A good track overall, but I think it might have been better if the features had been cut down.

6) "Party Tonite" C-Bo, Yukmouth

Two of the best together, but the beat they get paired with isn't all that great. Floos P does the production, but it isn't all that great. I don't really like the hook either. The flows are sweet and Yuk and C-Bo rip it up on the mic, but it needed a better hook and some better production.

7) "Can U Deal Wit This?" C-Bo, Killa Tay, Big Lurch, Roger Troutman Jr.

My favorite track on the album. The Roger Troutman Jr. computer effects and production is just too much!!!!! The beat knoccs and the production is clean as fuck! Killa Tay starts it off with a tight ass verse. C-Bo rips up the mic and Big Lurch comes with a decent verse of his own. The hook with Roger Troutman Jr.'s voice over the computer effect is tight. A sicc ass track from start to finish. Knocc it!!!!

8) "Head on Freeway" C-Bo

Another tight track right here. The production by Vonzail is alright, but the beat is knoccin. C-Bo flows about gettin head on the freeway and about all the people who want to be his friend when he's got money, but when he's down or broke they don't want anything to do with him. A clean track overall, another C-Bo solo track.

9) "The Plot" (skit) Spade, Crash

A little skit. They talk about going to get a package.

10) "Gee'd Up (Blocc Movement)" C-Bo

This is a recycled track, but for some reason as I'm doing this review I can't think of where it's from. It's a tight track though and the beat is knoccin. More good production from Pizzo. A pretty short track though which is the only bad thing about it. A good track overall though, I'm still wondering what it's from, bet it'll hit me as soon as I finish the review.

11) "Clean Getaway? 'Surprise'" (skit) Spade, Crash

Another skit. Ends in a car blowing up.

12) "U No the Rules" C-Bo, Cosmo, Bobby Sealz

For some reason C-Bo's voice sounds all fucked up. I'm not really feeling this track all that much though. The production by Floss P isn't all that great and the flows aren't that great. Skip this one.

13) "Blacc Gorrillas" C-Bo, Lil' Cyco

Nice production by Mobetta. C-Bo and Lil' Cyco have some tight lyrics on this one. The beat gets your head moving. Some hard nosed lyrics on this track. I'm feeling the hook by C-Bo. Some tight shit on this track, I'm feeling it.

14) "Keep Shit Locced" C-Bo, Fat Tone, Brotha Lynch Hung

A nice slow pace to this track. Some nice production by Pizzo. C-Bo starts it off with a good verse. I don't like Fat Tone's verse that much, but then Brotha Lynch Hung has a tight ass verse. Would have been best as a Bo and Lynch track, but it's still tight how it is.

15) "Y'all Prankstas" C-Bo, Mr. Short Khop, CJ Mac, Cryciz

Bosko laces it up with some decent production, but I've heard better from him. Good flows all around on this one. It has a medium pace to it. CJ Mac and C-Bo have the best verses, but they all have some nice lyrics. A good track overall, but nothing special.

16) "Dub C M'd Out" C-Bo, Lil' Cyco, Pizzo, Marvaless, Thug Misses

Ric-Roc laces this track up with a knoccin beat. This is the only track that Pizzo has a verse on and he comes with some clean shit. I think this is the only track I've ever heard with two female gansta rappers. Both ladies come with some nice flows although I like Marvaless more. A good track overall, I'm feeling it.

17) "Thugg It!" C-Bo, E-40, Bosko, Killa Tay, Thug Misses

My second favorite track on the album. The beat is knoccin by Bosko. E-40 starts it off with a tight ass verse that I'm feeling to the fullest. Killa Tay comes next and rips up the mic with his verse. C-Bo comes next and he rips up the mic too. Bosko is on the hook with the computer effects over his voice. Thug Misses is last, but I think she should have been left off this track. A tigh ass track overall though, I'm feeling it to the fullest.

18) "It's Not a Game" (skit) Spade, Crash

Another skit that talks about people who all of a sudden want to bang and become rappers.

19) "I'm a Baller" C-Bo

Pizzo laces Bo up with another good beat and prouduction. C-Bo has some nice flows all the way through. This track has a slower pace to it. A good hook to this track as well. A good track overall.

20) "Rat Head" C-Bo, Young Meek

Bosko comes with more good production on this track. The beat gets your head moving and C-Bo and Young Meek come with some clean lyrics. They flow about all the hood rats. A pretty good track to end the album with. A sweet ending to this great C-Bo Solo/Compliation album.

Overall this album was definately better than his last solo album, "Life as a Rider." Although C-Bo appears on every track this is more like a solo/compilation. I think the features that he has are very good, although they needed to be cut down by about 2 or 3. A very good album from start to finish. Nice production, solid beats, great flows, good topics, and some good features, can't ask for me. Go get this one!

Jun 12, 2002
DeuceThatYungPimp

Ay cuzzo,good lookin' out on the reviews I was on your site jsut the other minute
And I was wonderign why you aint got lunasicc [1 million words 1 million dollars and mr.lunasicc reviewed] and also Killa tay [thug thistle,snakeyes and thug religion]
Tight site though homie
2 C's

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
Re: DeuceThatYungPimp

Deuce said:
Ay cuzzo,good lookin' out on the reviews I was on your site jsut the other minute
And I was wonderign why you aint got lunasicc [1 million words 1 million dollars and mr.lunasicc reviewed] and also Killa tay [thug thistle,snakeyes and thug religion]
Tight site though homie
2 C's
I should have Thug Thistle and Snakeyes up on the site soon. I've been wanting to get the old Lunasicc shit, but I'm always getting newer shit instead. If I ever win the lotto or get some cash sent to me in the mail by mistake I'll be all over the older albums.

Late!

Jun 12, 2002
DeuceThatYungPimp[BeFuccinThemWhiteGirls]

Why you need loot to review the albums homie/ you ain't got em' previous or what?
S'all good though I can review them if you want it aint even a thang.
2 C's

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
Re: DeuceThatYungPimp[BeFuccinThemWhiteGirls]

Deuce said:
Why you need loot to review the albums homie/ you ain't got em' previous or what?
S'all good though I can review them if you want it aint even a thang.
2 C's
I need the cash to buy them homie. I'd more than love to spend every pennie I have on CDs, but I can't. Every chance I get I borrow from people or buy new albums, so maybe I'll come across them someday soon.

Late!

B

Bosko

Thanks for the props on the production. Make sure that you let all your people know that they need to grab the album.

K

knightridaz

I JUST BARELY GOT THE CD TODAY AND I GOTTA SAY, ITS BETTER THAN LIFE AS A RIDER............I WASNT FEELING LIFE AS A RIDER AT ALL..........IM NOT HATING BUT I KNOW BO COULD HAVE COME WITH DEEPER SHIT THAN LIFE AS A RIDER..........

May 9, 2002
Good Review Mayne ....

Keep perfectin that Shit, and I most definitely agree : ''Can U Deal wit this'' is the best track AND the King Kong-KnocK of this Summer !
Is that produced by Rick Rock or Roger JR? cuz the Beat has some Rick Rock-Type elements on it

But Im still a little Shocked.....a C-BO Album without ONE MIKE MOSLEY BEAT????

Whateva tho BO Locc is officially on Top of the Independent Game IMO

Apr 25, 2002
www.2siccaudio.com
SaVelli said:
Good Review Mayne ....

Keep perfectin that Shit, and I most definitely agree : ''Can U Deal wit this'' is the best track AND the King Kong-KnocK of this Summer !
Is that produced by Rick Rock or Roger JR? cuz the Beat has some Rick Rock-Type elements on it

But Im still a little Shocked.....a C-BO Album without ONE MIKE MOSLEY BEAT????

Whateva tho BO Locc is officially on Top of the Independent Game IMO
That's a Roger Jr. beat. Rick Rock has a beat later on on the album. Overall this is a great produced album from everyone who had a hand on the production. Just pick it up if you haven't already.

Late!