my oh my.

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Mar 11, 2004
i have been sitting here at work all day bored out of my mind. so i decide to go to various rap related websites to listen to some beats since i just started back making beats after a long break. i go to one site which in my mind had alot of well respected beat makers, i dig around, find some cats that have some know how and check out there music and to my surprise -GARBAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

its one thing if you make beats to make beats, but these blokes are trying to lease and sell these beats like they are worth money. NONSENSE. i came across one page of an individual on soundclick who had some hot beats, and it was that one page only that i would even consider opening my pocket book up to. i guess this goes hand in hand with the fact that everybody raps and everybody makes beats and everyone is a producer these days.

debate.

Mar 23, 2003
www.unionavenueproject.com
^^^This is true. Because of programs like Fruity Loops, EJay, etc., everybody thinks they are a producer. It literally takes no musical talent to produce beats with these programs. I think though that it's the lack of education in production/enineering, and limited funds that many of these kids are trying to make a name for themselves. Although thier intentions are good, a real professional will do thier homework before making an investment in production. IMO it's all part of the evolution, and the real will separate themselves from the wannabe's. My advise to anybody wanting to rap or produce, go out and make some sacrifices. My sacrifice was spending all my financial aid money on equipment, and I'm still trying to pay that shit off.

Tribal Beatz - www.soundclick.com/tribalbeatz

Jul 30, 2004
what im gettin tired of is all the anthem beats i hear....rarely do i come across some westcoast heat that i like...ive BEEN searching for beats on the net and havent come up wit anything decent in a while...i guess the internet isnt the place to be lookin for beats...u gotta come across some dude or have connects thru people in the streets but thats hard enough as it is...will some producer come out the cuts with some heat or at least post somethin worthwhile to listen to....nothin but garbage like the homie bane talkin bout....