Movie Highlights Violence In Bay Area

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Dec 26, 2002
One week after Hittman from the Bay Area’s RBL Posse was gunned down, filmmaker Kevin Epps brought his piece "Straight Outta Hunter’s Point," through Philly.

The film is a raw documentary shot between 1998 and 2001 of one of America’s most gang infested wastelands. The piece not only observes the violence, but it also captures the role of Rap music’s immersion in the murders.

Included in the film are legendary local MC’s JT Tha Bigga Figga, 3 X Krazy, Keke Da Sneak, and the late Hittman himself. Epps is a native of the San Francisco naval base, and the camera work conveys his activism in the good and the bad of the HP community.

“I been through all that. I been on the up and the down side of it” Epps told AllHipHop.com. A history of the hills is captured, citing police brutality and government neglect as reasons for the community downfall.

Epps, who produced and directed the film, is taking the film all across the east coast to various colleges and independent theaters for screening.

Epps was unclear as to whether he is going to make the video available for sale. “I don’t know. Right now, I really like keeping it DIY (Do-it-Yourself)” Epps said.

May 10, 2002
^^^ YEAH I SEEN THAT SHIT, THAT LAST DUDE THAT TALKS IS HELLA FUNNY, HE ACTS LIKE A ROBOT OR SOME SHIT, AND HE SAYS SOME SHIT LIKE THIS ASIAN PROCEEDS TO RUN UP ON ME AND I KNOCK HIS BITCH ASS OUT, AND HE SAYS THE ASIAN DUDE TELLS HIM OH YOU HIT VERY VERY HARD,

I CANT REMEMBER TO MUCH OF IT BUT I THINK IT WAS THE BLOODS THAT WAS CALLEN OUT MACK 10 (THE RAPPER) CALLEN HIM A BITCH AND SHIT AND THAT THEY WILL WHOOP HIS ASS WHEN THEY SEE HIM!!!

Jan 16, 2003
yea that shit is tight...tha bloods in there got some big ass guns...tha guy shootin tha doc. tries to ask some crips bout all tha unsolved murder cases in their area an bodies gettin dumped in gutters or some shit and doo is like "dont even ask us bout that homie we got no comment"...this big ass crip puts his knuckles up to tha camera an nuttin but big ass scars EVERYWHERE all over his knuckles