most overrated sports figure

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 19, 2002
www.cdbaby.com
I am telin u he's not overrated! It takes more than one man to go to the series.So if u go by your theory, then might as well say that A-Rod is overrated! He left a weak Seattle club that didnt make the playoffs, and after he left, they won 116 games, and made the playoffs, while his new team did shitty!! So whats your point? Is A-Rod overrated? I dont think so! Baseball is different, u need the whole team to step up!! GOT EM!!!

May 27, 2002
Nitro GH said:
Id like to hear why the 2 people responsbile for back to back to back championships are the most over-rated people in ALL os sports. Now im not lookin for why they might be a little over-rated, this is the most over rated in the ALL of sports. Lets hear it, dont come weak now. Ill give my feed back when i get off work weather i agree or not.
ok lets see

kobe- not a team player, often hailed as "next jordan" but never will be a third of jordan.... has shaq to thank for all his rings, this season is proof of that

shaq- a bit harder to say hes "over-rated" i do not hate shaq as a matter of fact i love watching him play. i think that he is easily one of the 3 most dominant players ever. it used to be that all he could do is dunk and play defense cuz hes tall and hes started to get over that by making his free throws. but i need to see him in the playoffs again for him to shake the "over-rated" image to me

paul pierce-once again i like paul but i was disgusted by his play in the playoffs. purposely waiting till the 4th quarter to score and look like a "hero" that is not what the celtic tradition is all about you dont win 16 championships by waiting for the 4th quarter to look good. if you notice, iverson hustles all game thats why he always wins scoring titles

vince-no defense. nuff said

May 27, 2002
Nitro GH said:
Id like to hear why the 2 people responsbile for back to back to back championships are the most over-rated people in ALL os sports. Now im not lookin for why they might be a little over-rated, this is the most over rated in the ALL of sports. Lets hear it, dont come weak now. Ill give my feed back when i get off work weather i agree or not.
i dunno about ALL sports i only watch NFL and NBA closely so no NHL or MLB players came to mind

only baseball i watch is royals

go royals

May 8, 2002
RevoL said:

maybe if he was still on the A's and they won a ring...but he left the a's w/o a ring, and he went to new york and those motherfuckers didnt even make the series...now tell me he's not over rated....
hes not overrated. he bates in the .330 range has an average of 35 homers and 100+RBI he has on OB% of around .450. his only weak spot would be defense and he plays first base so defense isnt all that important. plus hes in the american league so when his defense get to the point of unbearable all they (yankees) have to do is DH him

May 8, 2002
KINGCZAR said:
might as well say that A-Rod is overrated! He left a weak Seattle club that didnt make the playoffs, and after he left, they won 116 games, and made the playoffs
actually seattle made the playoffs at least half of the time while a-rod was there.

May 8, 2002
Alkahol_Gone said:
I feel ya Czar its the same with Jim Thome and my Indians Thome did great but not enuff people stepped up 4 us 2 make the playoffs
thats because the only other player worth mentioning on the Indians roster was Bartolo Colon and his ass got traded away to Montreal. but hey if it makes you feel better that Brandon Phillips is gonna be a monster in a couple years ( thats the main prospect that they got back for Colon).

May 19, 2002
www.cdbaby.com
Mclean I said the year before A-Rod left, Seattle was weak, then he leaves for the Rangers and The mariners win 116 games! So what I was tryin to do, was make an example, about dude who said Giambi was overrated because he didnt win a ring with the Yankees!! I personally know for a fact that A-Rod is not overrated, he is the bets in the A.L. , just tryin to make a point of why him or Giambi are not overrated!!! GOT EM!!!!

Apr 25, 2002
pub42.ezboard.com
Mcleanhatch said:

thats because the only other player worth mentioning on the Indians roster was Bartolo Colon and his ass got traded away to Montreal. but hey if it makes you feel better that Brandon Phillips is gonna be a monster in a couple years ( thats the main prospect that they got back for Colon).
only 1 worth mentioning?!?!?! how bout Ellis Burks who had a good years and if u wanna talk bout whos gonna be a monster its Karim Garcia. Only played bout a month and half and had 16 HRs and 58 RBIs.

May 8, 2002
Alkahol_Gone said:
only 1 worth mentioning?!?!?! how bout Ellis Burks who had a good years and if u wanna talk bout whos gonna be a monster its Karim Garcia. Only played bout a month and half and had 16 HRs and 58 RBIs.
well first ellis burks. old, old, old. he only has a few decent years left in him.

and as for karim garcia all i can say is he just got hot at the right time. he came up with my Dodgers and couldnt do much at AAA las vegas 51's.

really though watch out for Brandon Phillips he has superstar written all over him. oh ya and a catcher named Victor Martinez i hear indians' scouts are saying this guy is gunna make people say Manny who??

Apr 25, 2002
THA RIPPA said:
kobe- not a team player, often hailed as "next jordan" but never will be a third of jordan.... has shaq to thank for all his rings, this season is proof of that
Now i said i would give feedback disagree or not so... as far as him being the next Jordan, maybe a bit over-rated as of now, but really he is only 24. But no one is really saying that anymore. He came into the leauge when he was 18 years old, and he won the dunk contest. He chose to do 360's and doublr pump reverse dunks when going down the lane instead of a sure layup. They were saying that then cause of how flashy he was, and the fact that yes, he has styled his game after the greatest of all time. But as of right now, i do not think he is over rated. There are very few people giving Kobe credit anymore other then his fans. Critics arent praising him as they once did when he was 18-20. As far as being a team player, ill say... its not as bad as some of you put it. He can be selfish at sometimes, but all the guy wants to do is explode. He wants people to look at him and say "WOW". He is still only 24 and has alot of maturing to do. Right now, he can NOT lead a team, especially the one he is on. But giving the right coaching and time, he is more then capable of leading a team to the playoffs and beyond.

THA RIPPA said:
shaq- a bit harder to say hes "over-rated" i do not hate shaq as a matter of fact i love watching him play. i think that he is easily one of the 3 most dominant players ever. it used to be that all he could do is dunk and play defense cuz hes tall and hes started to get over that by making his free throws. but i need to see him in the playoffs again for him to shake the "over-rated" image to me
You can look at shaq and say "hey this guy can barely dribble the ball" or you can say "there isnt anyone in NBA history that can stop him". Its all how you look at him, but right now, he is not over-rated. He IS the most valuable player in the leauge... most skilled... hardly.

May 27, 2002
Nitro GH said:

You can look at shaq and say "hey this guy can barely dribble the ball" or you can say "there isnt anyone in NBA history that can stop him". Its all how you look at him, but right now, he is not over-rated. He IS the most valuable player in the leauge... most skilled... hardly.
thats what i was trying to say....i love shaquille....but like you said, most skilled hardly....thats what i was gettin at....you just put it better than me

and as for kobe-as you said yourself, now he can not lead a team

do i think he will ever be able to? yes i do, but he needs to stop acting like a leader when its obvious who is. his time will come.

being selfish is no excuse for me, but thats probably because i love all the old NBA

but nitro, you can agree with some of my statements right? and how about paul p and vc?