mora jr. finds new job. at a high school

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
http://www.ajc.com/sports/atlanta-falcons/jim-mora-jr-goes-372544.html?cxtype=rss_sports_82014

Former Falcons head coach Jim Mora Jr. once said his dream job would be coaching his alma mater, the University of Washington Huskies.

He's getting closer -- geographically speaking. Mora, fired after one 5-11 season with the Seahawks, has landed a new gig with Bellevue High School in suburban Seattle.

The Seattle Times reports Mora's role has yet-to-be determined.

"Jim will be involved," Bellevue coach Butch Goncharoff said. "I don't know in what capacity yet. It's great. He's an outstanding guy in whatever capacity we get him, even if it's only for spring ball or summer. It's great to have him around. He's a great resource for us."

As long as he's hiring ex-Falcons coaches, Goncharoff might want to give Jerry Glanville a ring. The coach who sent Brett Favre packing to Green Bay needs the work. He resigned in November after three dreadful seasons at neighboring Portland State University.

Aug 9, 2006
Still, that is a looooooong fall.
not really, mora jr is hella young...most of the great coaches move from hs, college, nfl....i think mike tice (sp?) went from the nfl, to a hs program back to nfl..

its funny everyone is quick to burn a guy for a job "demotion" when you know you aint making near his money punching keys on the sicc...

nfl coach has to be one of the hardest jobs in ALL sports...coaches move all the time and 90 percent of the time it wasnt his fault, management and the players on the roster is what he has to work with gotta get the job done to...usually the coach is the first to go.....its bullshit

Nov 24, 2003
not really, mora jr is hella young...most of the great coaches move from hs, college, nfl....i think mike tice (sp?) went from the nfl, to a hs program back to nfl..
Regardless of anyone else who has done, there is no denying the fact that going from NFL head coach to HS coach is huge demotion if not solely by the number of positions between the two.

its funny everyone is quick to burn a guy for a job "demotion" when you know you aint making near his money punching keys on the sicc...
-How does what anyone else do for a living have any impact on the FACT that Mora took a a huge demotion?

Mora = demotion
Sicc posters job = irrelevant

-How do you know how much money I make?

If I made more than Mora, does that change the fact he took a demotion?

You argument is like saying I can't call a fat person fat if I am fatter than them. Guess what, regardless of my weight, they are still fat.

nfl coach has to be one of the hardest jobs in ALL sports...coaches move all the time and 90 percent of the time it wasnt his fault, management and the players on the roster is what he has to work with gotta get the job done to...usually the coach is the first to go.....its bullshit
No denying any of that. However NFL Head Coach - HS Coach = Huge Demotion.

I like the guy, sorry it had to happen to him. Facts are facts.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002

mora took an atlanta team headed for big things straight down the gutter.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Damn, nothing against high school coaches cuz my dad's one. But that's one hell of a fall from grace.

I think Mora Jr. was handed the keys to the Falcons way too fast because of who his dad was. Dude should have spent about 10 years as an NFL coordinator and then tried for head coach. He's obviously not ready if the Seahawks canned his ass that fast.

I kinda feel the same way about whoever the fuck is Tampa Bay's coach.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
Damn, nothing against high school coaches cuz my dad's one. But that's one hell of a fall from grace.

I think Mora Jr. was handed the keys to the Falcons way too fast because of who his dad was. Dude should have spent about 10 years as an NFL coordinator and then tried for head coach. He's obviously not ready if the Seahawks canned his ass that fast.

I kinda feel the same way about whoever the fuck is Tampa Bay's coach.
raheem morris is tampas coach. i see the comparison youre trying to make but tampa is a far cry from the team dan reaves was building.

Stealth

May 8, 2002
Not comparing Tampa and Falcons. Just the coaches. If I can't even remember the dude's name, that's not a good thing lmao

BAMMER

Siccness Gray Hair
Apr 25, 2002
Auburn Wa
www.dawgman.com
Like I said,he's workin for the NFL Network,so he's basically doing what every other coach does after their fired.His work with Bellevue will be very limited,and I'd bet he does next to nothing as far as practice/games.He will probably do a little playbook work for the defense,and thats about it,and maybe a lil august work.