MK vs DC censored by ESRB!

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Feb 7, 2006
At least 3 of Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe's fatalities have been "toned down" in order to keep the T for Teen rating from the ESRB that Midway is aiming for... Yup, it will indeed be the first ever "teen rated" Mortal Kombat fighting game. For example: In the original version of The Joker's fatality, after he shot a fake gun with a "BANG!" flag at his opponent, he then pulled out a real gun and capped his victim in the head. In the final version, players will only see the fake gun segment, with the real shot occurring "off screen" ... Perhaps something to the effect of a "screen blackout." As for Kitana's fatality, where she originally sliced her opponent's forehead and torso with her razor-sharp fans, the head slice was completely taken out, with both fans now entering into her opponent's mid-section.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
At least 3 of Mortal Kombat vs DC Universe's fatalities have been "toned down" in order to keep the T for Teen rating from the ESRB that Midway is aiming for... Yup, it will indeed be the first ever "teen rated" Mortal Kombat fighting game. For example: In the original version of The Joker's fatality, after he shot a fake gun with a "BANG!" flag at his opponent, he then pulled out a real gun and capped his victim in the head. In the final version, players will only see the fake gun segment, with the real shot occurring "off screen" ... Perhaps something to the effect of a "screen blackout." As for Kitana's fatality, where she originally sliced her opponent's forehead and torso with her razor-sharp fans, the head slice was completely taken out, with both fans now entering into her opponent's mid-section.
Already discussed in the MKDC thread :)

Jake

Sicc OG
May 1, 2003
take gore away from mortal kombat and you have a below average fighting game

imagine the first mortal kombat with no gore. that game would of been a joke

Apr 8, 2005
lol @ trying to get a teen rating, who in the fuck keeps their kids from playing mature games these days. maybe if the kids under 10, lol, so they are marketing this to 9 year olds? brilliant

Dec 25, 2003
This happens with every game.

If they wanted to keep the M rating they wouldnt have toned it down.

It's simply the developers saying they wanted a T instead of M rating.

Thats like blaming the scale because you are 300 pounds.

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
Larger market for them I guess, but the majority of people who played MK or grew up on it are well beyond the teen years. These young guys now aren't really all that into MK, at least thats what I see. They are into fighting games like Tekkan, GG, VF and SC.

C-MOB

Sicc OG
Sep 10, 2004
www.cdbaby.com
This is some bullshit... ever since i saw that Joker fatality i was geeked for this to come out... now i ain't too sure, cuz i know the whole time i'm playin it i'ma be wonderin how much better the game could've been...

MysticOracle

si vis pacem para bellum
May 4, 2006
707- VALLEJO
cant blame midway, they involved DC comics, and DC gave them rules for what they wanted to see. i dont see the point of this game anymore, i was going to buy it just for the joker, but since the joker is now a bitch in purple im probably just gonna rent it once say "graphics are cool, but whats mortal kombat without extreme violence?" i wish midway would scrap it, or just make it an MK game so at least it wouldnt be pussified . and what the fuck, what games these days are rated T, most of all the great ones are Mature rated. but still cant blame midway for sticking to DC policy, but they definitely fucked up MK this time