MIXTAPES

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2002
i listen to a lot of screw, and those tapes are just artists songs slowed down and put on cd and resold. was dj screw, and recently cellski, paying for each beat or song they used. i though that if the song was said to be for promotional use they did not need to pay for the use? whats the call on that? on the new cellski mix, which is banging, did he have to pay for the beat on each song?

Jul 20, 2002
I dont know but i am glad someone from the west stepped up to the plate and finally did a mixtape over some beats. I have been waiting for someone in the bay to do it. I hope to see many more from others.

Jul 4, 2002
Humboldt High said:
i listen to a lot of screw, and those tapes are just artists songs slowed down and put on cd and resold...
I'm not sure what u listened to, but the original DJ Screw tapes are mixed very well, he really had mixing skills, beat juggling, cutting and all.
Maybe you heard some mixes called screwed mixes or whatever, but most of them are not really mixed by DJ Screw (just using his name).

Apr 25, 2002
man i have been up on the screw for years. i got dubs of origional tapes screw did that made it to frisco from h-town, i can tell the difference from screw, to swisha house, to the dosia click.

i rechecked the cellski and it does say for promotional use. so it is ok to sell promotional items in stores? i though u could not make $$ off promotional items.
cellski rips it over the big tymer beat for still fly and on the i dont need a girl part 2 beat. check it out.