Mixers

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Nov 24, 2002
www.5150xo.com
anyone used a Behringer mixer. I am tottaly blown away by their price but are they quality? They like half the price of a maccie or tascam board. I gusse im just sceptical. You know what they say if it sounds to good to be true

Apr 25, 2002
Behringer is a cheap wanna-be Mackie. I've heard they're okay but not from anyone I'ld take advice from. Shoot down to you're local Guitar Center or something and give one a listen (if they even carry Behringer mixers).

BIG J

Sicc OG
Apr 26, 2002
I usually just use mine for Monitoring. I record Everything direct to my Audio Interface. But if I'm just doin' a Rough Stereo Mix Through the board and into my Interface, it works just fine. I end up trackin' everything out direct later anyways

EAT

May 14, 2002
I'im a little new to audio recording but I'm lookin at this Samson mixpad 12 in a pawn shop for 140$. I'ts got 6 mic inputs and at least six 1/4" inputs. All I need is to run my shit through it and into my computer via 1 output... know what I mean. I read some decent reviews online. Any suggestions on whether this is what I need to effectively record audio in cubase?

EAT

May 14, 2002
By the way, I aobviously don't have the cash at this time to purchase something more better at Guitar Center.. I hate them anyways. Peas

Nov 24, 2002
www.5150xo.com
Im looking at a 32 chnl Alesis or Maccie mixer and i was browsing through ebay and i saw a shit load of the berhinger mixers and they was hella cheap so i jumped over to pro sound website and they was hella cheap brand new. But in the harmony central message board they said that they were hella weak and the mic pre's sound like shit if it even comes with em so i picced out a nice 32 chnl 8 bus Alesis of off ebay for 2g's so i think imma swoop up that. They had a 24chnl Tascam with meter bridge the other day for a g but it got sold. Anybody buy off of ebay? How did it work out for you?

Jun 25, 2002
geocities.com
so i picced out a nice 32 chnl 8 bus Alesis of off ebay for 2g's
:eek:

would you mind stating what model that was, cuz the only mixers that are being sold nowadays from alesis are them noisey inline mixers studio/24/32

i'm hoping that it was an old X2 that you picked up...this one if i remember correctly had built in dynamics and maybe mute automation

I'im a little new to audio recording but I'm lookin at this Samson mixpad 12 in a pawn shop for 140$. I'ts got 6 mic inputs and at least six 1/4" inputs. All I need is to run my shit through it and into my computer via 1 output... know what I mean. I read some decent reviews online. Any suggestions on whether this is what I need to effectively record audio in cubase?
that mixpad would not be an improvement over the behringer...u should be able to get a good price on a used 1402/1402vlz/vlzpro that would be a better choice

behringer is not all that bad, of course the analog mixers aren't top of the line but for the price and depending on what your gonna do with em...the mackies are overpriced but are better quality and more headroom

behringer make some real good cheap condenser mics and have good low cost compressors and gates

bottom line is...buy the best thing available that you can afford...everone has to start somewhere

Nov 24, 2002
www.5150xo.com
Damn i dont know the model number of that alesis but it looks like its gone now. I saw a couple maccies and a couple tascams in my price range. I would realy like somethin with a meter bridge. I wish i woulda had the money a week ago. It sounds stupid but i just heard of ebay a couple weeks ago. Has anyone ever got a good deal off ebay?

Jun 25, 2002
geocities.com
eBay is a wonderful thing...

i sold some shit on there and came up on some deals

i had a problem one time with a deadbeat bidder (some lil' kid bidding on shit they can't afford...thinking ebay is some kind of game...but i got his ass banned)

but for the most part ebay is a good place, i would suggest if u gonna bid on something check the person feedback, see if they both sold and bought ...also have a budget and stick to it, people like to drive up the price for no reason and used shit can end up costing more than new shit

if u are new i would suggest reading them messages on that ebay forum

Nov 24, 2002
www.5150xo.com
ok i saw a mixer i wanted last night so i checced out homies credentials and everything seems o.k. I e mailed him and told him i wouldent have the loot untill the 16th of this month but if he still had it on the 16th i would picc it up for the buy now price of $1400.00 plus shipping. The mixer is a maccie 32*4 vlz pro. According to his lil write up it has lots of headroom and exelent mic pres. Im bout to jump to the maccie site and find out more about the board and see if they have a optional meter bridge for that model. The board looked brand new in the pic homie had posted so im pretty excited about this. I also found a Pair of Event Bias 20/20 monitors for $700.00 so im hopeing i can swoop them too. I just wish i could find a good deal on a triton studio 61 but i aint seein none of those on ebay. If ebay is all its cracced up to be its goin to be the shit

Nov 24, 2002
www.5150xo.com
I just checced out maccies site and it says that the sr 32*4 vlz pro was designed for live mixing but it is equaly suited for the studio. I diddent want a live mixer but now i dont know what to do. Can anyone give me a recomendation on what to do?

"When you put all of the SR-VLZ PRO Series' features and enhancements together, you'll have two highly-affordable sound reinforcement mixers with what it takes for both live and small studio applications."

Premuim XDR mic preamps (20 on the SR24•4 VLZ PRO, 28 on the SR32•4 VLZ PRO)
4 submix buses
6 aux sends (2 pre, 2 post, 2 switchable pre/post)
3-band EQ with sweepable mids (4-band fixed EQ on stereo channels)
75Hz Low cut filter on all mono channels
"Air" EQ on sub buses
Talkback section with level control, LED, and separate rear XLR input
"Double-bused" sub outs for eight track recording without repatching
Inserts on all mono channels and subs
AFL/PFL solo on all channels (globally switchable)
60mm log-taper faders for consistent fades
Balanced XLR and 1/4" main outputs
Additional mono XLR main out with level control
Balanced inputs and outputs (except phones, inserts, RCAs)
Built-in power supply
12V BNC lamp socket

Apr 25, 2002
for that kind of money...i would buy a Yamaha AW4416(used)...
the mixxer is amazing (it's based on the 02R line) it's also a 16 track recorder, effects machine(dope), eq and everything...

but if you don't want a recorder...i suggest you go with a digital mxixer from Yamaha(and i heard Tascam is good too)...
i have a mackie mixxing board, very nice...but you're gonna get new pre-amps(trust me) and spend loot on that...and why do you need a 32 channel mixxer? just wondering...it's a waste if you don't utilize it...

Nov 24, 2002
www.5150xo.com
well i have been recording strictly hip-hop and r&b music but we have had alot of spanish groups and alot of rocc groups interested in paying us to record them but we diddent have the imputs or space to record them untill now. We are moving into a building so we will have the space. We just need the inputs now. I agree 32 chnls is probably over doing it but mutherfuccers around here act like you aint got a real studio if they dont see "One of those big mixers" they see in the pic's in the recording mags. If they would take the time to actualy read the articles in the mag and not just look at the pics they might understand but untill then they are more comfortable handing over their money if you are in a real building and have lots of cool looking things that light up and look pretty. Plus i might be trying to over compensate for something..lol..who knows. But even with the specs and the mic pre's built into the maccie you think imma still end up getting more? And by the way what mic pre amps do you suggest? and allthough im getting off the subject can anyone give me some recomendations on some good mics to mic drums and how to properly mic a drum set?

Apr 25, 2002
cus the preamps on mackie are AWESOME...for demos and home recordings

when you hit the proffessional field, you're gonna want things like Universal Audio, Aphex, Avalon, Summit, Focusrite Reds,Grace etc...

i've heard the senheisers are good for mic drums...do a search for it on google, they can tell you how and what good mics to get for it...also check out the book Recording For Musicians, you can get it at any guitar center...

Nov 24, 2002
www.5150xo.com
Thanks for all the info homie. Good lookin out about the pre's. Yall keep talkin bout a guitar center now i kinda wish we had one! All we got in my town is ax haven music and my lil homies know more about recording equipment then them stupid ass's. I went down there to look for a good vocal mic. The gut walks up to me and says "Can i help you with something?" I say yeah im looking for a nice mid range vocal mic meaning something like a rode ntk or a little higher. The guy walks around the glass counter and pulls out a $89 toy mic. I looked at him shook my head, turned around and walked out. If i wanna actualy go to a store i gotta drive to springs or Denver and i just havent had the time lately. Sweetwater has treated me pretty good thus far but i have also spent over $4,000.00 with them. Its just hard when you have to order shit cause you rarely get try before you buy.