Mike Shanahan agrees to coach redskins

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

ESCOBAR 92113

BARRIO LOGAN
Oct 31, 2003
SAN DIEGO
SOUTHEASTSANDIEGO.COM
Why is he considered a great coach? He won one superbowl with John Elway and a team that someone else built. Not to mention the broncos had salary cap violations during his time. He didn't win a playoff game for 10yrs after Elway retired, and Was around for the biggest meltdown in perhaps Nfl history

Apr 20, 2003
ummmmmm dont know much about shanny do you? no pads, no tackling, minimal contact.

Shanny needs a great qb and o-line to succeed, and whats the 2 main needs in washingtons offense????
Yessir now we got a great coach in place..... A Waaaaaaay better upgrade from what we had before! Now comes the rebuilding part, mainly a qb and some pieces to a aging offensive line to help protect. Hopefully he can come in and fix the Redskins culture of not practicing during the week right off the bat cuz some of the Redskins players been notrious for playing while not getting in rep during practice time.
Here u go!

Mar 16, 2005
Why is he considered a great coach? He won one superbowl with John Elway and a team that someone else built. Not to mention the broncos had salary cap violations during his time. He didn't win a playoff game for 10yrs after Elway retired, and Was around for the biggest meltdown in perhaps Nfl history
umm 2 super bowls thank you, and 1 playoff win

Joey

Sicc OG
Jul 2, 2002
Is Jason Cambell really that Bad of a QB.....And if he is what are his problems...Pocket precence, inaccuracy??....What is wrong....The only Redskins games ive seen have been on prime time and he hasnt done all that bad.......

If you guys get rid of him....I wouldnt mind the raiders giving him a shot.......

Rossibreath

triple og from the sbp
Sep 1, 2005
Menasha
Is Jason Cambell really that Bad of a QB.....And if he is what are his problems...Pocket precence, inaccuracy??....What is wrong....The only Redskins games ive seen have been on prime time and he hasnt done all that bad....... If you guys get rid of him....I wouldnt mind the raiders giving him a shot.......
Hes not that bad, hes not that good. hes incredibly average.

Mar 10, 2007
Is Jason Cambell really that Bad of a QB.....And if he is what are his problems...Pocket precence, inaccuracy??....What is wrong....The only Redskins games ive seen have been on prime time and he hasnt done all that bad.......

If you guys get rid of him....I wouldnt mind the raiders giving him a shot.......
Inconsistency. He has a good game then follows up with a bad one...

Apr 20, 2003
heres the article^^

http://content.usatoday.com/communities/thehuddle/post/2010/01/redskins-qb-jason-campbell-blasts-clinton-portis-for-questioning-his-leadership/1

Redskins QB Jason Campbell blasts Clinton Portis for questioning his leadership

Redskins QB Jason Campbell blasted teammate Clinton Portis after the running back questioned his leadership skills and said the signal caller was not deserving of being a team captain on Tuesday.

Portis, on the same day the Redskins brought aboard Mike Shanahan as head coach, said that Campbell was overmatched as a captain in an appearance on ESPN Radio in D.C.:

"I think Jason has enough trouble in getting the plays in and worrying about this, compared to controlling the huddle and making sure, 'Oh, we do this and we do that.' "

Campbell bristled in response and harshly criticized Portis, who spent the last month of the Redskins' 4-12 season on IR.

"How is he going to say I'm not a leader?" Campbell told the Washington Post. "I mean, that's just not true."

Portis said that he had no interest in being a team captain anymore. Campbell responded that his remarks show that's probably for the best:

"To me, that's somebody who shows that they don't know what a real leader is. A leader is not someone who leads by the wrong example. A leader is someone who is trying to do the right thing and trying to lead by example, and not just (being) about themselves. There's a reason guys get selected as captains, and there's a reason guys don't get selected as captains.

"Obviously, he doesn't have the respect of the locker room to be a captain. For someone to try to take a shot at me at the end of the season, after they haven't even been around, only speaks about their character anyways."

Portis' relationship with team owner Daniel Snyder has been an ongoing issue, though Portis denied asking Snyder to overrule his coaches. Campbell said he leads in the appropriate way:

"But we have some guys who go above the coaches. And that's another problem. You have some players who are not team players."

Late Tuesday, Campbell told the Post in a text message that he and Portis had spoken and had put the issue behind them.

"We're just going to move on," Campbell said.

"We don't want to have any issues out there between us for the offseason, so we're just going to squash all of this right now."

Apr 20, 2003
i know ur ass anit talkinnn.....its gonna be atleast 3 years before u have double digit wins.
I know ur ass ain't talkin lol..... PLEEEEAAAASE son and if I was wtf you going to do? I wasn't the one who came in talkin a gang of shit ON THIS THREAD, u did! Show me where I said we were gonna post double digit wins dude? Shw me where I said we were gonna be crazy good lol? I just laughed @ what Chree put after ur dumb ass post talking shit bout my team....... FUCK the Cowturds and WHAAAAAAT!