Memphis rapper found dead in ditch in Olive Branch, MS

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

Nuttkase

not nolettuce
Jun 5, 2002
at the welfare mall
Posted on Monday, October 02, 2006 @ 1:59 AM CDT by admin

You may have heard that Wednesday afternoon the nude body of a man identified as 30-year-old Marcus Turner of Memphis was found dead, possibly murdered, in a weedy ditch off Stateline Road in Olive Branch, MS; although, what you may not have heard is that sources told MemphisRap.com the man identified as Marcus Turner is the same Marcus Turner known to many as Marcus "SS Boy" Turner of the Memphis underground rap group Grenade Posse.

While an autopsy has been conducted, many already had thoughts that SS Boy was murdered. Police are saying the absence of any disturbance in the North Mississippi area where the body was found indicates that Turner likely was killed elsewhere and then dumped in the ditch.

Maj. Don Gammage, chief of detectives for Olive Branch police, said the best estimate is that Turner's body remained in the ditch for 12 to 15 hours before it was discovered by an Olive Branch public works crew about 2:15 p.m. Wednesday.

Gammage and Heun asked that anyone with information about Turner call Olive Branch police at (662) 895-4111 or DeSoto County Crimestoppers at (662) 429-TIPS (8477).
Source:http://www.memphisrap.com/community/article973.html

Grenade Posse's album "Makin' Plenty Power Moves" was really dope IMO. It was produced by Blackout and featured Playa Fly and Gangsta Blac among others. SS Boy had spits too. I always thought they were from Arkansas and just linked up with Memphis rappers/producers but the article above says he was from Memphis so I could be wrong.

R.I.P.

Feb 8, 2003
Never heard of him, But who ever killed him was not playing no games. Looks like a straight Robbery then murder.(Or he couldve have been set up by a bitch he was fucking.)

R.I.P

Jul 5, 2003
^^^^ How is that fucked up? I meant no disrespect to him, his family or anybody. Its just true....life sucks sometimes. I said R.I.P. right afterwards....I wasnt bein fucked up bout it.

Peace and God bless.

Sep 16, 2002
www.2coldgraphiks.com
$-K-MO said:
^^^^ How is that fucked up? I meant no disrespect to him, his family or anybody. Its just true....life sucks sometimes. I said R.I.P. right afterwards....I wasnt bein fucked up bout it.

Peace and God bless.
My bad, I probably didn't type that out right. I wasn't sayin that what you said was fucked up. I was just co-signin what u said and added that what happened to him was fucked up.

Jul 5, 2003
LOL No my bad, I was the one that took it the wrong way. I thought you meant that what I said was fucked up. lol

Anywho, if you got time, check out my music in the 9-1-Siccness Forum under the thread "$-K-Mo from the 9-1-6! Spittin Some Heat!" and leave me some feedback, no matter if its positive or negative. I would appreciate it. Thanks.

Peace and God bless.