mac dre back n da hood question

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Apr 25, 2006
quick question on this one, noticed most if not all the early YBB releases were "made/printed in canada", back in the hood cd have the same imprint?

Apr 26, 2010
not on the one I have , it is a young black brotha press , but it also does not have the dont give up productions , or romp on it , so it possible could be a 2nd press too , it is the only one I have ever seen though ,

Apr 26, 2010
there is a cd release , it probably was released on tape first , but there is a young black brotha version of back n tha hood , and there is the repress on thizz , the covers look different so you can tell the difference , mine is new and sealed , I was just curious what kind of value it carried.

Aug 18, 2002
I was just talking to R8R about this the other day and took some pics with my phone of my OG tape and CD side by side.

Originally Back N Da Hood dropped about 6 months before YBB the album but on the CD booklet it shows it as available now. I remember seeing the tape a bunch in when it first was released but don't recall when I first saw the CD. Looks like a Khayree CD release on Strictly Business Records once MD was released from prison and started his own label (Romp) w/o him....just not sure if there was a pressing before it. Anybody know?

Apr 26, 2010
mine is sealed , i never see those pop up , i am tempted to sell it but very hard to let got , mine looks exactly the same as l woods except sealed.

Jan 6, 2003
I guess that CD was released a few years later since it has ads with website links. Imma check mine because I don't remember what that one looked like. I got one on thizz and one on strictly business. I think the thizz re-release has an extra track...?

Jan 6, 2003
Mine looks exactly like the one pic'd above. Didn't that one come out on CD by the end of the 90s? It has a mid/late 90s RAINBO ring code though and as far as I remember back in the days it was originally a tape only release.

I've never really liked phone recorded vocals over crispy clean beats LOL.