LIL TROY STRIKES BACK (SPEAKS ON SCARFACE & PIMP C)

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 12, 2004
www.myspace.com
Lil Troy's publicist emailed me this yesterday:

ChiQ Simms, Publicist

[email protected]

*MEDIA ALERT *MEDIA ALERT *MEDIA ALERT *MEDIA ALERT*

HOUSTON RAP PIONEER LIL TROY RESPONDS TO PIMP C’S RECENT MEDIA RANTS

(Houston, Texas) - Days after the release of an Ozone magazine article and subsequent radio interviews where rapper Pimp C implicates Russell Simmons of being homosexual, accuses Atlanta artists of stealing their trademark crunk sound from Memphis and shoots verbal slugs at several entertainers, Houston rap pioneer and Short Stop Records owner Lil Troy steps up to respond to the attacks on his character.

At the top of Pimp C’s (born Chad Butler) laundry lists of disrespectful comments, he repeatedly refers to Troy as “Lil bitch-ass Troy” and accuses him of snitching on “the whole Northside of Houston… and put a bunch of people’s daddies, brothers, uncles and sons in the penitentiary.”

“That man is coming after me because I exposed (fellow veteran Houston rapper) Scarface of being a snitch and introducing his friends George Washington Simmons and Byron Keith Harris to the Feds as his cocaine suppliers,” says Troy. “I went to jail because I was illegally pulled over with two kilos in the car.

“That beef was between me and Face. It didn’t have nothing to do with Pimp C. Pimp ain’t even no gangster. I went to jail on drug charges. He got locked up for pulling a gun on a woman in a mall. Is that gangster? You can’t compare your rap sheet to mine.”

The drama all started when Troy released his straight-to-video independent DVD Paperwork in 2006. On the video, Troy shows the federal paperwork which lists Brad Jordan (alias Rap-A-Lot artist Scarface) as being a federal informant and even includes copies of his indictment papers which say the same. Troy also uses old album covers, photos and studio sessions on the video to support these claims.

In addition, Troy recently won a $511,000 lawsuit against Brad Jordan for defamation of character and slander. The case is now in appeal.

A 20-year veteran on Houston’s local rap scene, Troy was actually the first label owner to record Scarface’s first commercial release. Amongst his catalogue of recordings, Troy’s biggest national hit was southern anthem “Wanna Be A Baller,” a single which pushed his 1999 major label debut album Sittin’ Fat Down South to platinum status. But after Scarface publicly called Troy a “snitch” in a videotaped concert and named him as such on Geto Boys’ song “Don’t Talk to Police,” Troy responded to the allegations with his now-infamous DVD Paperwork.

“I didn’t call Face out first. He called me out,” says Troy. “I used the DVD to respond to it. He shot first, so I had to shoot back.”

Now a year and some months later after the DVD’s release, Pimp C publicly responds on behalf of Scarface.

“I’m from Houston, and I still live in Houston. He’s not from Houston, but if wanted to stick his nose in my business or had something to say to me, he could’ve come to me,” says Troy. “I’m not hard to find.”

Along with disrespectful comments about Troy, Pimp implies in the Ozone interview that R&B singer Ne-Yo is gay, claims that Atlanta is not in the south because “Atlanta is on East Coast time” and accuses certain unnamed rappers (fans are guessing Young Jeezy) of turning his back on powerhouse label BMF after drug charges.

“When I came out with my DVD, (Ozone publisher) Julia Beverly did the interview with me but she watered it down. She wouldn’t print the real story about my indictment. She said the paperwork was fake,” explains Troy. “But I’ve seen this all before- divide and conquer. People like her are not from our background. She ain’t from our hoods. She don’t give a damn about our music or our culture or us.

Troy continues, “I’m not talking about race or color. I’m talking about class and struggle. She don’t got love for me, for Scarface or for Pimp C. We both can die, and she wouldn’t lose a wink of sleep. Dead rappers make money. And those people who are outside of our culture make millions off our bloodshed, prison sentences and beefs.”

Troy is now readying the release of his Universal-distributed independent album Sittin’ Fat Down South 2 and lead single “We Swangin’” featuring late Houston martyr Fat Pat, Screwed Up Click alumnus Lil Keke and Troy’s son T2.

See& hear Lil Troy Live on You tube

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=68JtiJC_584

Aug 14, 2003
“That man is coming after me because I exposed (fellow veteran Houston rapper) Scarface of being a snitch and introducing his friends George Washington Simmons and Byron Keith Harris to the Feds as his cocaine suppliers,” says Troy.

THAT RIGHT THERE PROVES IT. SO WHAT IF PIMP HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. IF YOU'RE SNITCHIN, SOMEBODY IS GONNA GET ON YOUR HEAD ABOUT IT.

Oct 10, 2002
Pimp C is a Fraud anyway he aint no Gangsta, He lookin foolish with his rampage. He talking about sqaushin shit "I got a Breadtruck" But he just the same mentality as everyone else, he just got that mouthpiece and character to presuade these young kids to think his word is God. There's times I really don't like Pimp C, he a hoecake for real, but so are most rappers so it doesn't matter. Troy Proved Face was a Snitch not the other way around!

dawun

Sicc OG
Oct 10, 2002
naw what he doing aint hoecake, he is a hoecake to begin with, but anyone can run off at the mouth and let their lips fly, that don't make them anything special just cause they keep it trill. He's just jaw jackin and he got an Ego cause everyone thinks his word is bond and he got a license to act however, so he can fool yall.

May 30, 2006
Why is Pimp C dissin Atlanta? And why did Lil Troy wit almost 20 years 2 release the paperwork on Face? Even if Face dissed him first. I wouldn't call another nigga a snitch on a song if there was ACTUAL paperwork out on me. Makes no sense. Now paperwork don't lie but it can be manipulated. Real street cats know what I mean. And Pimp C needs 2 sit his country sounding ass down & mind his own fuckin business.

Aug 14, 2003
The Evil Genius said:
And why did Lil Troy wit almost 20 years 2 release the paperwork on Face? Even if Face dissed him first. I wouldn't call another nigga a snitch on a song if there was ACTUAL paperwork out on me. Makes no sense. Now paperwork don't lie but it can be manipulated. Real street cats know what I mean. And Pimp C needs 2 sit his country sounding ass down & mind his own fuckin business.
Southend_206 said:
SO WHAT IF PIMP HAD NOTHING TO DO WITH IT. IF YOU'RE SNITCHIN, SOMEBODY IS GONNA GET ON YOUR HEAD ABOUT IT.