Leaked - New Xbox 360 and Natal's new name Kinect

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
Right now the Xbox 360 base unit is trading in for $100 store credit. That's without hard drive and with one controller.

GameStop trades in the hard drives separately as they have to send them off to be cleaned. The smallest size, 20GB, trades in for $30, with the 60GB, 120GB, and 250GB netting you $35, $40, and $50 respectively.

Then there's the network adapter. The new system has built-in Wi-Fi, so your wireless adapter is now obsolete. The white version trades in for $40, while the newer black version will score you $50 credit.

And let's not forget the Edge card, which gives you an extra 10 percent store credit for accessories.

So, if you've got a 250GB Xbox 360 with the black wireless adapter, your trade-in credit works out like this:

System: $100
Network Card: $50 ($55 with Edge card)
Hard Drive: $50 ($55 with Edge card)
————————————————————————
Total: $200 ($210 with Edge)

With the new Xbox 360 selling for $299, that leaves only $90 to $100 unaccounted for.

Other items you can trade-in include wireless controllers at $25 apiece, and wired controllers for $20.

So yes, trading up to the new 360 isn't as painful as it could be, and GameStop told me that if they sell out, they'll let you reserve from the next batch, with the trade-in special still applying.

Of course you have your saved data to worry about, but that just means you'll have to play your favorite games all over again, and who doesn't love doing that?

Update: Someone named Fred informed us that GameStop will give you the trade-in price for your hard drive up to seven days after your purchase, meaning you can transfer your data and bring the drive back later and still receive the credit

mrtonguetwista

$$ Deep Pockets $$
Feb 6, 2003
GS employees talked me out of it and I'm glad...I have no intentions of getting a Kinect and I will never be able to use up a 250gb...I barely have anything on my 120GB. My console is quiet and I already own the wifi setup

I'll wait til XBOX releases a machine that doesnt play 360 discs anymore

Thank you GS for letting me save $300

Jan 7, 2004
Not much of a reason for me to upgrade. I have the 20GB HD and it is still not full I have played over 50 games and own like 10 arcade games and still have room. Since I already own the wireless adapter, that doesn't matter either. I heard that there suppose to come out with a new console all together in 3 or so years, at least that is what a video report from E3 show I saw said.

Sep 20, 2005
FUCK YOU
Microsoft has confirmed it will ship a $199 version of its new Xbox 360 console this fall, a representative told IGN.

The company unveiled its latest Xbox 360 console redesign at E3 last week, but only announced a $299 retail sku, which includes built-in WiFi and a 250 GB hard drive.

Microsoft did not offer additional details about the $199 sku.

The hardware maker is currently looking to remove the old Xbox 360 models from retailers, offering a $50 price cut on both the Arcade and Elite bundles in North America.

A purported internal marketing Q&A document obtained by Kotaku states Microsoft will also ship bundles that include Kinect, its upcoming motion camera due out this fall. Microsoft would not comment on those reported details, however.