Lauryn Hill- UNPLUGGED

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
M

MrFreeze

she has a talent but i cant feel someone who hates white people cuz im white.

G

GANGSTAEIGHT

yaw aint lyin'

i never thought back in 94 that she would come up like this

Apr 25, 2002
MrFreeze said:
she has a talent but i cant feel someone who hates white people cuz im white.
Man ITS NOT TRUE!!!

Claim: During an MTV interview singer Lauryn Hill said, "I would rather die than have a white person buy one of my albums."

Origins: In 1996 a caller to the Howard Stern show claimed Lauryn Hill of The Fugees made anti-white statements during an MTV interview, to the effect that she rather see her child starve than have a white kid buy her album.

The inflammatory comment Hill supposedly made varies:

"If I'd known white people were going to buy my last album, I never would have recorded it."

"I would rather have my children starve than have white people buy my albums."

"I would rather die than have a white person buy one of my albums."
Sometimes the rumor is reported as:

When asked on MTV about their feelings on having the number one album in the nation, The Fugees said they'd "rather see babies starve and die than have white kids" buy their album.
Let's put this one to rest -- if Hill or any other member of the Fugees had said anything like that on MTV or anywhere else, the tape of those remarks would have hounded them ever after. That no one can produce this tape -- or even agree on what was said, and by whom -- should drive a stake through this rumor's heart.

MTV would later announce the allegation against Hill wasn't true, but by then it was too late -- the rumor was already in motion. In the wake of this slander, Hill did call in rebut the comment on the Howard Stern Show. On numerous other occasions, she has denied saying anything remotely resembling the statement credited to her. In response to her critics, she offered: "What I did say was that I love my people, black people, and I will continue to make music for them."

May 3, 2002
That unplugged CD is dope, best cd I've heard in a long time!!!
I have faith in the unplugged series once again after seeing the Lauryn Hill one, The Jay-Z one reminded me why I dont go to rap concerts because most rappers suck performing live.