KORG Triton Pro-X 88 Key......question......

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Wasup folks, ya boy needs some help......

How can you get a beat from the Triton, OTHER than on CD to a DIFFERENT studio? I have them saved on a floppy disk as an "seq", but I think that only saves the Triton settings and not the actually "beat/file".....

I have purchased some beats and want to take them to record at a more professional studio.....for this song that's coming out on the Instant Hits Legendary comp....we took the Triton to the studio and connected it straight to the set up.....and downloaded sound by sound...but it's too much hassle to carry that heavy mufucka....

any suggestions would gladly be appreciated....lace my boots.....

Jun 27, 2002
then you gotta lug yo shit to the studio.....thats what most cats do unles the studio got the same equipment....unless you can save the beat as a midi file???...(ont take my word for it)

but yeah just take the board to the labb...

Apr 25, 2002
It might be a hassle for you but just take your Pro-X to the studio and track out your beats directly. Triton's are standard gear so I'm suprised that studio you're using doesn't have one.

By the way, a Triton .SNG file is basically a midi file with Triton specific information in it (like effects settings, eq, etc). You can easily just bring your .SNG files on floppy disk if the studio you're working in has a Triton also. I recommend you also save the .PCG file on the floppy too which is all the Triton's sound settings..... Just to make sure all your sounds are right.

Dec 24, 2002
Sick Wid It said:
It might be a hassle for you but just take your Pro-X to the studio and track out your beats directly. Triton's are standard gear so I'm suprised that studio you're using doesn't have one.

By the way, a Triton .SNG file is basically a midi file with Triton specific information in it (like effects settings, eq, etc). You can easily just bring your .SNG files on floppy disk if the studio you're working in has a Triton also. I recommend you also save the .PCG file on the floppy too which is all the Triton's sound settings..... Just to make sure all your sounds are right.
about the pcg files make sure you bring a blank disk with you so you can save the original ones and then put it back after you are done...you don't want anybody stealing your sounds man...because pcg's write to internal memory