Kings vs. Blazers Tonight

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
The following was edited for space...

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) -- Hedo Turkoglu made a pair of free throws with 14.4 seconds remaining to lift the Sacramento Kings to a 95-94 win over the Portland Trail Blazers on Saturday night.

Chris Webber led Sacramento, which has won five in a row and eight of nine, with 24 points and 10 rebounds. Bobby Jackson added 22 points.

The Kings, already without starter Mike Bibby and two reserves, played without forward Peja Stojakovic, who missed the game with plantar fasciitis in his right foot. The same injury kept him out of a Nov. 15 game at Seattle.

Game notes
Sacramento was again without center Scot Pollard, who missed his ninth straight game with a stress fracture in his lower back, and guard Mateen Cleaves, who has missed every game with a stress fracture in his left foot.

May 19, 2002
www.cdbaby.com
yea see Sac can win games without starters playin!! Notice I said starters, not starter!!! Thats the sign of a champion, which they will be this season!!! Wait until they get fully healthy!! It will be nightmares for the rest of the league!!! Includin Dallas!! GOT EM!!!

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
It should also be noted that...

On the final play, Sabonis had difficulty getting off a shot against Vlade Divac, but the rebound went to Anderson, who drew contact from Jackson but did not get a foul call.

"I got all ball," Jackson said. "I don't think they're going to call anything like that at the end of the game anyway. When it's close and it's real physical under the basket, that's just how it is."

"If you get all ball and you smack down the ball, where does the ball go? Down," Anderson said. "Why did the ball go up? I know he went to school. It might not have been a good school education-wise, but anytime you smack the ball, the ball goes down. Law of physics. If you smack this and the ball goes up, it's a foul in any league - summer league, church league, midnight league."

Yet another sign "you've arrived," getting calls you shouldn't be.

May 19, 2002
www.cdbaby.com
Damn dogg, Im not sure who u like..Fakerz or Sac or neither, but when folks were complainin about refs helpin L.A. or whoever, it is usually in the playoffs!! Haha, so if u gonna point out a single regular season game, then ,make sure u watch all the games and point them all out!! Because at the end of a game, they let u play more than at the beginnin or middle of games!! They want the players to decide unless its a obvious call!! But come on dogg, dont go callin that ref shit 15 games into the season!!! GOT EM!!

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
I'm a Kings fan CZAR. I try to acknowledge bad calls against AND FOR my team. You're proly not going to run into a more down-to-earth fan than me.

The bottom line is it was a bad call and only "doesn't matter" if your NOT a Blazers fan.

I'm not complaining about the refs, merely acknowledging we were allowed to steal one in Portland.

May 19, 2002
www.cdbaby.com
Dod u see the play or did u just read about?? Be truthful!!! I can tell u this....Ive seen the refs fuck up in hella games this year!! Thats how it is playa, but when u fuck up in a crucial game 6 of a conf. finals , thats when it is a big deal!! U cant just focus on a early regular season game, cause if u watch hoop games the refs fuck up alot..Thats all Im sayin homie!!! GOT EM!!

May 21, 2002
Sacramento, CA
No, I didn't watch it. Why would I have to lie about that? And I hardly think some anonymous poster writing about it on an inconspicuous rap board is "making a big deal out of it." You talk as if I'm crying about it. I only mentioned it playa. You're the one making a bigger deal out of it than me. I gurantee we lose a game (or two) on a simular play later on this year. It all evens out. You think I don't know the game of basketball?

Again, I only made reference to it. How can I be upset, my team won dude.