keyboards....

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Aug 12, 2002
I would get a Roland jd800 or Kurzweil k2000. Both can be had for $450-600 each and are very programmable. I think that you should look for which keyboard has the most editing features so that you can create some unique sounds.

-=bumpus=-

May 2, 2002
I use the Kurzweil K2600s and I love it.

The programming on it is crazy.

I'd love to get a virtual analog board next, something like a nord lead or waldorf.

phil

Sicc OG
Apr 25, 2002
deviant, have you seen the andromeda from alesis, i dont think ive ever heard one but it sparks a lot of interest just on looks alone

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
when it comes to synths (as in synthesizers not workstations) i would get an andromeda. its a real analog synth and its in the same price range as the top end nord.

@blur i dont know what you mean by best type of keyboard. are you looking for a workstation,midi controller,synth etc etc etc???

if you're looking for a workstation try a:

xp60 (i have one)

kurzweil 2600 (you can get the 2600X but thats 20 grand....:dead:)

yamaha motif (i would recomend the motif 8. the weighted keys feel sooooooooooooo.....sooooooooo...i dont know but they feel good.)

triton (who cares about the model? if you get this synth you will make INSTANT hits..it will make you sound like dre,neptunes,ant banks,khayree,rza,eric sermon and timbaland:rolleyes:)

karma (same sound engine as a triton. this is geared for people who play arpeggios....like me.....or people who simply cant play at all.....)

have fun shopping.

:H:

ps the triton comment was a joke. no keyboard out the box will make you tight. YOU have to be tight.....or practice at it until you are.

May 2, 2002
phil - i fucked with the andromeda at guitar center for a few minutes. It was coo, but for some reason i like the sound and feel of the waldorf. Maybe I should spend more time with them though.

heresy - the andromeda is real analog? Wouldn't it be a lot bigger?

HERESY

THE HIDDEN HAND...
Apr 25, 2002
www.godscalamity.com
www.godscalamity.com
May 13, 2002
im looking for a e-mu e4-k its a dope keyboard with nice sounds its for my home studio im gonna run it with a roland 3080 and a mpc 2000,thats all i need

Aug 8, 2002
I CANT BELIEVE MOST OF YOU NEGLECTED TO MENTION THE KORG TRITON, THANKS HERESY FOR BRINGIN IT UP, I DONT BELIEVE YOU CAN GET BETTER THAN THE TRITON AS FAR AS SOUNDS, PROGRAMS, USERABILITY, AND QUALITY...LET ME KNOW IF IM WRONG...I OWN A TRITON, VERY HAPPY WITH IT

Kp

Sicc OG
Oct 29, 2002
www.tootiterecords.com
From what I have heard..

The Karma is a piece of shit and gets blown away by the Xp-80 and Roland Fantom. The Karma does not even compete. The Motif is sicc and so is a Triton Studio or Classic but it's the dough that makes most people defer from them. Speaking of keyboards/synths, I am looking for a Roland Fantom or Triton Studio. Bout to post a new thread