KC Folks come in here...

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
May 1, 2007
Yo, I'm moving to KC in like 3 weeks from the Lou. I'm a DJ and the thing thats worrying me is that since KC and STL are so different music wise (different in almost every aspect for real) how am I going to adapt. What do yall be listening to in the club? What local cats are hot right now (besides Rich)? In STL we got several local underground cats that are doing it big in the club but not mixtape/album wise. Seems like KC is exactly the opposite.

Also, where are some cool places to live in KC? I'm looking for something not ghetto but where some middle class black folks live. Something like North County in St. Louis.

If any of you cats are DJs or got some DJ connects holla@chaboy.

Nov 13, 2004
Well as far as local talent u got Tech N9ne, I'm sure its some new lil cats around but I havent heard about them and I'm kinda out the loop anymore. Cool places to live, Lee Summit, Raymore, NKC, west of troost. Stay away from Grandview, Raytown, Independence(has some nice spots but racist as hell). Oh yeah bring a gun and a vest if u have'em. Beware of the haters and lil young niggaz. But The Lou yall support ya own from what I've seen but here theres no unity at all amongst artist and/or Dj's IMO.

May 1, 2007
damn i thought grandview was a nice area. I think imma move somewhere in northland. Which DJs are hot over there? And you're right, DJS and artist over here stick together. Go to any club in the lou and you're going to hear at least 20 local songs. They push the local cats hard if they are makin club music. Thats why we aint got no gangster acts like a Rich the Factor in the lou. It's easier to make it if you're making crunk music cause the DJs will force feed that shit.

Jun 26, 2003
LightsOutNicca said:
damn i thought grandview was a nice area. I think imma move somewhere in northland. Which DJs are hot over there? And you're right, DJS and artist over here stick together. Go to any club in the lou and you're going to hear at least 20 local songs. They push the local cats hard if they are makin club music. Thats why we aint got no gangster acts like a Rich the Factor in the lou. It's easier to make it if you're making crunk music cause the DJs will force feed that shit.
Grandview used to be alright.. 15+ years ago when I lived there. It quickly became nasty almost overnight. This city really is divided at this point, the city and surrounding suburbs have really expanded with people trying to get away from tha trashy areas of Lee's Summit, Grandview, Independence, Raytown, South KC, Belton and other parts.

Nov 13, 2004
imawalkingcorps said:
Grandview used to be alright.. 15+ years ago when I lived there. It quickly became nasty almost overnight. This city really is divided at this point, the city and surrounding suburbs have really expanded with people trying to get away from tha trashy areas of Lee's Summit, Grandview, Independence, Raytown, South KC, Belton and other parts.
Yep thats true but ahve yall noticed how they building up the inner city and white people are moving back in! Gentrification....They let the niggaz bring the property value down while the middle class black folk moved out to ya Grandviews, Raytowns,etc now the properties are hella cheap and they building up in the inner city and downtown.

Aug 31, 2005
WELCOME TO KC, WHEN YOU GET HERE.

THA STREETMONSTAZ, STREETMONSTA DJ'Z..............WE RUN KC!!!

THE DERRTY DJ'S ARE VERY VALUABLE IN THA LOU, AND HELP BRING THA CITY UP BY SUPPORTIN LOCALS...HOPEFULLY WITH THA STREETMONSTA DJ'Z WE CAN HELP SOME CATS OUT HERE IN K.C. TOO. WE JUST GETTIN UNDER WAY WITH THIS TEAM...STAY TUNED

THESE RAPPERS IS STARTIN TO STEP THEY GAME UP HERE ALSO, WHICH MAKES IT EASIER FOR ALL THA DJ'S IN THA CITY TOO...

AS FAR AS CLUB SONGZ, HOLLA AT ME & I'LL PUT YOU UP ON SOME LOCAL JOINTZ.

I GET DOWN IN THA LOU TOO. WE DROPPED GENA'S "FUCK YOU PAY ME VOL.2" MIXTAPE AND WE WORKIN ON VOL. 3

AS FAR AS MUSIC KC & ST.L ARE TOTALLY DIFFERENT. THIS MIXTAPE WE BOUTA DROP W/ ALL KC/ST.L ARTIST ON IT SHOULD HELP BRIDGE THA GAP A LIL BIT......

Jun 26, 2003
mafiaqueen said:
Yep thats true but ahve yall noticed how they building up the inner city and white people are moving back in! Gentrification....They let the niggaz bring the property value down while the middle class black folk moved out to ya Grandviews, Raytowns,etc now the properties are hella cheap and they building up in the inner city and downtown.
Except those Lofts are pretty damn expensive and it really is only that one part of the city. Now Grandview, Belton and Lee's Summit are paying the price.

Feb 5, 2005

THERE AINT NO "COO" PLACE TO STAY OUT IN KC...

IT'z PRETTY MUCH THE SAME ALL OVER, SUM SPOT'z ARE JUS WORSE THAN OTHER'z...

HOWEVER MUCH U CAN TOLERATE WILL BE A KEY FACTOR IN HOW COMFORTABLE U GONE B MAYN...

KC'z MIDDLE CLASS IS SPREAD OUT NOW, MORE SPREAD OUT THAN IT EVER WAZ...

- GEEzUz