just a thought plus some article

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Sep 26, 2002
this is from an article at : http://slate.msn.com/id/2095696/

"Not everybody likes hip-hop. I don't just mean Fray posters—hip-hop's alpha artists aren't exhibiting a lot of hometown pride these days. Last fall, Missy told XXL: "When you turn on the radio, you can't distinguish the fake Jay-Z from the real Jay-Z. Back in the day, everybody pretty much had their own identity, originality and creativity. And now there's a formula." When I interviewed Jay-Z last November, he echoed Missy's sentiments: "It's all too predictable. When people put stuff out, it's like 'Here … is … the … thug … song. Here … is … the … club … song.' You can tell by hearing it once. Music is supposed to be unexpected. You wanna feel it like 'Ooooh!' " Jay-Z boiled these thoughts down to a few choice words while being interviewed for the New York Times: "Hip-hop's corny now." "

now while all these "industry people" are complaining about this, do they realize there are a lotta people with a definite VOICE and IDENTITY in rap (hint: tech n9ne)

what are they doing about the problem..?

well, i was gonna write some more but i gotta go

Nov 14, 2003
i have to agree with jay-z, thats all you hear on the radio these days. cars, money, clubs, women. cars, money, clubs, women. cars, money, clubs, women. its fucking annoying. everything i hear has been done before, just with a different beat and different rhymes. TECH, SAVE US!!!!!

Nov 14, 2002
what are they doing about the problem..?
Well I'd say that Missy and Jay-Z are two of the most original artists out there.... That's doing enough in my book.
i have to agree with jay-z, thats all you hear on the radio these days. cars, money, clubs, women. cars, money, clubs, women. cars, money, clubs, women. its fucking annoying.
What are you... gay or something?

Sep 26, 2002
Zer0.MediA said:
Well I'd say that Missy and Jay-Z are two of the most original artists out there.... That's doing enough in my book.

right zero, but are they helping other "different" artists out there. i dont know if they are but i think they should and if they are, good.

I'm definately not judgin them, I was just kinda pointing this article out and shit... i dont even fuckin know... fuck this topic