Joe Mauer signs 8 year $184 million deal with the Twins

• Wanna Join? New users you can now register lightning fast using your Facebook or Twitter accounts.
Jun 9, 2007
Awesome news for the Twins and for Joe Mauer, and with the strict no-trade clause pretty much guarantees he's finishing his career (or close to it) with the Twins. Biggest guaranteed contract the Twins have ever given anybody... $100,000,000 more than the next closest, to put it into perspective.

Look out for this Twins team this year... Made some HUGE offensive and defensive upgrades (Orlando Hudson at 2nd, Thome for the bench, & a few others).. the lineup from top to bottom is POTENT as all hell, and the starting pitching has looked solid all preseason. Bullpen is improved, and we have a few good choices to step in for Nathan as closer.

I'm happy as fuck right now.

Fuck the Yankees.

Sep 24, 2006
i dont like a team in my state and i dont really pay attention to baseball i just go for cleveland because all my boys like them and i know the twins are a rival. but either way i could care less

May 6, 2002
It had to be done, especially with the new stadium now... is it a ridiculous amount of money? Of course. But they knew they couldn't let him get away, so they had to pay it.
Ya, I hope the tides turn and Minny finish on top of the sox and the tigers this year. I just don't see the point of locking your catcher in for so long. I read that there is a no trade clause either, but I'm sure there has to be some clauses in the teams favor.

Good luck this year. I'll be on the look out...